Tripadvisor

from $103.23
from $277.12
from $93.53
More Info
All reviews basket press rifle range cellar door traditional methods old style wine making tasting room sparkling shiraz private tasting knowledgeable staff wine tasting barossa valley high quality great wine great staff made us feel first stop
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

We were lucky enough to visit Rockford on Friday and again enjoy their wonderful “Stonewall Lunch”. It is an absolute privilege to dine here.

I’ve been buying wine from Rockford now for over 25 years, it is without doubt my favourite winery, not just in the Barossa, not in Australia....full stop! I love Robert O’Callaghan’s ethos and vision. When others followed fads, he held strong, when others were pricing Australian wine drinkers out of the market, he held true. Whilst I’ve never met Robert, I thank him for his passion, integrity and wine making skill.

It would be remiss of me not to highlight some of their finest wines. The 2019 Vine Vale Riesling was a delight, the latest Black Shiraz disgorge sublime and the new varietal Grenache a delight.

Thank you to Hannah, Luke, Sando, Lauren and Sean for a most wonderful afternoon. I cannot wait to return

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Beautiful boutique cellar door with lovely wines and very welcoming and knowledgeable staff. My top pick from this visit was the Rose. We visited with another couple and their two small children. The cellar door isn’t very large but there is a large courtyard where the toddler could run around. They were welcoming of us even arriving with the pram, a baby and toddler.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

If you ever visit the Barossa Valley in S.A. this is the must visit winery. It was our first winery we visited on a friend’s recommendation and after visiting this winery nothing else comes close. The person we had at the wine tasting was brilliant and had a wealth of knowledge with the history of the winery, their wines and the Barossa area. The big players may big but don’t have the vibe and feel of this place.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2019

great experience here, bought some wine and also some shiraz sauce and cointraeu marmalade, they have a few other things than just wine, teh fellow that served us was very good and knowledgeable, enjoyed our time here

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2019

We enjoyed a great visit to Rockford Winery tasting the wines available. The person who served us our tasting wines - Connor, was particularly good. His knowledge of the wines and friendly, personable manner made it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: November 2019