“Nicest Hosts in Australia”

Best Western Melaleuca Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Robe
Reviewed March 5, 2010

In February of 2010 I stayed one night at the BW Melaeuca Motel in Robe Australia. In a month of traveling there, this was the best lodging experience we had. Great place, well located for meals etc. and hosts who couldn't do enough to assure our stay was pleasurable. In a country noted for friendly people, they stand our. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 20, 2010

This is a standard motel which is to say everything was as you might expect, and very well maintained, but without a great deal of character.

Reception and service were very good.

The hotel is well located and the town is interesting with a lot of historic buildings.

Perhaps the chef had a night off but having been recommended to the Chinese Restaurant nearby we had probably our worst meal in Australia.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I visited the gorgeous town of Robe three times in the summer of 2010, having to work, and envying the holiday-makers taking in the beach and sunshine. I stayed at the "Melaleuca" each time, and rate it one of the best family motels I've ever stayed at. With my job, I travel throughout Australia, probably spending more than 50-70 nights per year in town and city accommodation. If the "Melaleuca" was in Sydney, it would be a better option than the Hilton !!! The hosts are incredibly welcoming, and nothing is any trouble. They are the sort of people that you can depend upon for advice, and though I didn't need any help, I reckon if I had a problem they would fix it for me - that's the hospitable feeling that you get. Everything is so clean, the grounds are impeccable, and to top things off it is only a short walk to an amazing Chinese restaurant or the pub that has the best seafood chowder around, and the gorgeous main street is within an easy 5 minute walk. In my opinion, the "Melaleuca" sets the standard for family-run motels, and I will be back with my family for a holiday when the job is finished.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

My partner and I stayed in the Best Western Melaleuca Motel for three nights and we had a fantastic time. First we received a very warm welcome by the owners,Trudy and Martin, who showed us our rooms and made sure we had everything we needed. They also took the time to inform us about Robe, show us some places to go etc. The hospitality in this motel was truly outstanding! The apartment we stayed in was fully self contained, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a magnificent spa bath and all electronics functioned as they should. We had free internet access, free use of the BBQ+gear, free Austar and a cheap but good laundry service across our room. The motel was very close to nice restaurants and cafes, so we could enjoy good food and drinks without having to worry about driving home. All in all we had a wonderful time, and I would certainly recommend this motel to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2009

My friends and I had a magnificent stay in the Best Western Motel in Robe! From the first step we made in the motel, Martin and Trudy took great care of all our needs. Not only were the rooms as neet as neet can be, it was an excellent value for money. The property was very close to all the facilities in Robe, so besides our great time in the motel the visits to the restaurants nearby were nice. Ofcourse Martin led us to all the best places around Robe. Truely one of the best stays I've ever had!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way along tha coast from Adelaide to Melbourne. The motel is on a side street 100m from the centre of Robe and so, convenient for the local restuarants as well as being quiet.
We were very warmly welcomed by the owner and shown our room and its facilities (free internet). We had all we needed and more.
On the advise of the owner we had an excellent walk past the harbour and along the impressive and somewhat rugged coast.
Would certainly stay again at this little gem.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Booked this hotel after a rather dismissive refusal by the Lakeside Motel to allow us to book a single night over Australia Day weekend. What a spot of luck. The Lakeside is out of town, and this place right in the centre. It's simple, spotless, straightforward, but with everything you want and need and at a great price. And the reception by all staff was incredibly friendly. Just at the end of the main street and right next to all facilities.

Robe is a beautiful spot, and really worth a visit. The hotel recommended a place for breakfast which turned out to be delightful - the Wild Mulberry cafe, a short walk along main street.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mandelbrot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robe
Kingston Lobster Motel
#4 of 7 in Robe
Robe Haven Motel
Robe Haven Motel
#6 of 7 in Robe

Been to Best Western Melaleuca Motel? Share your experiences!