“Sumptuous Sails”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sails Restaurant

Sails Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Robe
Cuisines: Australian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have just moved location. Modern Australian cuisine with a focus on South Australian caught seafood. Casual fit out for a relaxed dining experience.
“Sumptuous Sails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Restaurants where the owner is in the kitchen are usually great finds because they truly care about the food.
We had three courses each and could not fault any of it. The dishes all done to perfection with quality produce. Make sure u book ahead we went off season and it was still full

Adelaide, Australia
“Disappointing entree”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I ordered oysters with macadamia crumb not realising from the menu description they would be deep fried. Unfortunately they tasted like oil and bread crumbs and the oysters were ruined. The dish was inedible and attitude of the chef/management was very poor. In the end I was offered the dish for half price but I had to request a new version of the bill to even get this due to staff miscommunication. The mains were good and desserts were delicious however the poor attitude of management and bad entree tainted the night. I will be unlikely to return as a result.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Hayley R
Adelaide, Australia
“Closed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a different sort of review ... you know, the sort of review when you book a table, and the restaurant ends up being closed for some inexplicable reason.

My partner and I love Robe - we come here a couple of times a year, but had never dined at Sails. This time around, I thought we'd give it a go. I called up on the Sunday afternoon and left a message booking a table for the Monday night at 6.00. Well, their website states that they are open 7 days per week from 6.00-9.00pm. So did their answering machine.

They never called to confirm, so I assumed the booking was fine. We arrived for dinner at 6.00 ... and it was CLOSED!! No notice on the door - nothing.

Luckily Pizza Project was open across the road, so we had an absolutely delicious dinner there (highly recommended!). I've still had no contact from Sails - I didn't bother calling them, as I'm sure that they'll tell me they didn't receive my message, so what's the point? But I definitely won't be going there again!

I have since heard that they tend to close if they don't have enough bookings on that night, so maybe they didn't think a table for two was worth their while - very unprofessional.

Visited July 2014
8 Thank michelle3fold
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing quality given the locale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was a joy on a cold and very wet winter's night. Three guys in the kitchen producing fabulous food. Lovely service from an enthusiastic gal. The lobster thermidor pie was amazing as was the salt and pepper tofu. Great goat for mains. Highly recommended. Booking in summer would be essential.,

• Visited July 2014
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We were driving from Melbourne to Adelaide and stopped on Robe. Sails was the petfect place for dinner. All three courses were very good. The waitress was very well versed in both food and wine. A great town with great food.

1 Thank Karen323