“Love the food, but service is appalling..”

Manoli's Mezes & Mediterranean Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lovely restaurant and cafe. Inside or outside dining. Good food. Welcoming staff.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have eaten there before and enjoyed the food - but as a group dining one night - they were rude when we arrived - ignored would be more like it. Once sat, we ordered our meals and the young man serving us was quite good, but we did have to wait for a long time for one meal, as well as for the kids ice-cream, which came at all at different times (its not like ice-cream is hard to make) . When we came to pay we had an entertainment voucher and unfortunately my partner went up before i gave it to him and when i ran up there, she had already rung it up and said she could not reverse it and that if i had a problem to take it up with the owner as she cant do anything about it! She was the manager - and basically blamed the owner and told me to take it up with her - what sort of manager is that??? Anyway I did sent in a message via the website and has not recieved a reply, apology or anything at all ...if going be prepared for a mixed experience...

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dont rally enjoy this spot Been several times and probably won't hurry back as quite hit and miss, although have had some good meals there. Has outside area so good if you re walking the dog and just want a coffee

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife & I had a fantastic day at the beach & decided to go for a nice meal. We ordered a garlic bread to share for a starter & two of the same chicken dishes for the main.
The garlic bread arrived promptly & a while afterwards a chicken dish arrived which I let me my have (ever the gentleman). After 10 minutes I called a waitress over to ask where my chicken dish was, she disappeared into the back of the restaurant but did not come back to see me, even though she carried on serving tables in the rest of the restaurant. After another 10 minutes I asked another waitress what was going on & was told that there had been a mistake & only one dish had been ordered but another had been prepared & would arrive shortly.
Another 10 minutes passed, my wife had finished her dinner completely, so I called another waitress & told her to cancel the order as I had lost my appetite. She said the dish had just been started & would arrive shortly, I told her not to bother again.
I went to see the owner, who was very apologetic & as a sign of good will would not charge for the garlic bread. I protested at this but she ignored me & still ran my wife's dinner onto my credit card.
This is one restaurant I will give a wide birth to in the future as their service was appalling & it does not seem like the owner cares about her customers too much either!!!

1  Thank Dazza857
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The coloured lights and lots of people dining outside Manoli's Menzes & Mediterranean Cafe attracted me as a place to eat on a warm evening. Staff were very friendly. It was a warm evening and sitting outside under the coloured lights added to the atmosphere. We chose the chicken pasta which arrived in reasonable time whislt we sat with our drinks which were lovely and cold, perfect for a warm night. The pasta dishes were generous serves. Relaxing and walked down to the beach and jetty afterwards

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We'be frequented manoli's regularly as it is down the street. The food is always good particularly the squid - very tender and yummy spices. Sometimes service can be slow. Great cakes and gelato.