“don't bother,look elsewhere.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Broughton
Sunnyside Hotel-Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Broughton
marion bay
“don't bother,look elsewhere.”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

At first glance I didn't think it was too bad, after all it was only $80 a night, and we arrived at dinner time, so I was in a rush to get a meal before the restaurant closed. booked for 5 nts only stayed 4, had enough. I didn't use the pool as I don't see myself parading around for all to see, it's situated on the right as you drive into the carpark, very little privacy and a very small pool. The toilet did not flush too well. The bathroom was so small I had to dry myself in the bedroom, because my elbows hit the shower glass. The hot tap in the shower leaked very hot water and when we bent down to pick up shampoo bottle our hips were scalded with hot water plus the tap was then too hot to turn off. the shower rose sprouted water up onto the wall, this was remedied on day 3 of our stay, but then no pressure in the shower. The basin cold tap had very noisy problems, and was very stiff to use, if you have arthritis.. forget it. The TV was so small compared to the room size that the owners must have felt the need to screw it down, which of course meant that you had to watch TV on, or in bed, as you couldn't change the direction of the screen.Thats if you were lucky to see TV the reception was disgusting and a great place to put inAustar/Foxtel The kettle had to be filled in the bathroom sink which was a problem as it was bigger than the sink and would'nt fit properly, I noticed quite a nasty crack in the sink, which could have been caused from someone easing themselves around to get onto the loo. a very tight fit. toilet paper could have been produced from recycled, as I think the softening process was left out. also the normal hand washing soap dispenser is OK in public toillets but not too be used in a motel, especially in the shower. Guest soap[ doesn't cost that much surely? Everytime we went back to the room my husband caught his elbow on the window, time to modernise...start with sliding windows not push out. The carpet smell kept me awake at night, it looked new enough, but it stunk!! asked for crockery and toaster to room on booking, non provided. BBQ facilities very poor, raining on our stay, BBQ in full weather so we could not use it, without getting wet. The fridge in the room set on number 2 froze everything, when I complained to the owner about this, he just said "oh well, at least it keeps things cold". it seems thay have owned the place for three years, but they need to stay in them to get a feel of what the guests feel. This was our holiday, and I just left feeling quite depressed about the whole thing. The place needs some serius money spent on it, before I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
15 Thank MarionBayWhiskie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Broken Hill
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I knew when the door was opened and I spotted the orange and brown shag pile carpet that things were not good. My fears were confirmed when I noticed that the material head rest above the double bed was yellow from where people had put their heads. The bath room was the cleanest spot and I tempted to sleep in there. The doof doof music from the pub wasn't so bad as I had a few extra drinks before I worked enough courage to go back to my room. Locations was good though.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
14 Thank gilbycr

Been to Sunnyside Hotel-Motel? Share your experiences!