Alexander Cameron Suites
$95
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Motel Mount Gambier(Mount Gambier)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Commodore on the Park(Mount Gambier)
Avalon Motel(Mount Gambier)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastnext dooryogurton arrivalbottled watershort walkexcellent motelclean roomsplunger coffeethoroughly enjoyed our stayking sizewinery visitsenormous bathroomplace to staythe main streetwine regiona real gem
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Lovely cozy rooms but very spacious and clean. generous amounts of space and a good set up. car parking easy and close to units.
Staff are lovely and friendly. plenty of info on local attractions and places to eat and drink.
I used these units for a day at a time each few months for a few years. each visit was always great.

I will return and recommend it to family friends and work colleagues.

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS ARE LARGE AND ROOMY, There is a better room for families and or people with disabilities if needed with a tad more room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AlexCamPenola, Owner at Alexander Cameron Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

It is always good to hear from repeat guests to know that we are keeping our standards at a consistently high level. Thank you :)
Marnee & the girls

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed one night, arriving late and leaving early. It was nice to arrive with the lights on and the room warm. I liked the spacious room and breakfast was all ok. Everything we needed was there. Could do with a heater in the bathroom on a frosty Penola morning!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
AlexCamPenola, Manager at Alexander Cameron Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind words I only wish you could have stayed longer to enjoy all Penola has to offer. I have noted your remark about the heaters and will put it on my request list with owners. I hope we can see you again :)
Marnee & the Girls

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at the Alexander Cameron Motel for two nights. We were pleasantly surprised at how roomy the suite was. Plenty of room for two couples without getting in each others way. The suite was very roomy, clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was more than enough for us to start the day.

The local IGA supermarket (with very friendly staff) is located next door. The motel is a pleasant walk into the main street of Penola. Although it is located at the other end of Penola, it is still well situated for visiting the wonderful Coonawarra wineries.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor by offing you a free upgrade on your next visit or if you require the 2 bed room unit again a $10 per night discount. Thanks to people like you we have an increased occupancy.
Marnee & the Girls

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a night at Alexander Cameron Motel and were really pleased with the 2 bedroom room - very clean, roomy and the supplied continental breakfast was ample. The staff were very helpful. Great place to base a trip around the Coonawarra wineries.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your kind words, I hope we can see you again and for leaving a comment on trip advisor I would like to offer you a free upgrade on your next visit.
Marnee and The Girls

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now, and am always happy with the quality, cleanliness, price, service and comfort.
The rooms have lots of space wich is a real relief if you are sick of tiny little rooms that normally fill this price range.
Free wireless and included continental (in room) breakfast top it off.
The manager who's name escapes me has an infectious happiness that is nice at the end of a hard day of work and travel.

Room Tip: even the standard rooms are big
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
AlexCamPenola, Manager at Alexander Cameron Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Wow, Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I am happy because I love my job <3. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Marnee & the girls