“Take "2"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maggie Beer's Farm Shop

Maggie Beer's Farm Shop
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Nuriootpa
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Take "2"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited last Sunday and it was pure chaos. People everywhere. No chance to enjoy the free tastings without a push and a shove and an apology along the way. So we managed a return visit yesterday before flying out. A much better visit without the crowds. The shop really doesn't have the space for crowds with the tasting tables as the centre of attraction between the counter and the eating area. We had the soup special of the day and the duck terrine. The food, while being tasty, is reasonable expensive. I had a very watery cappuccino. The "Farm Produce" on sale is now available at most supermarkets so lacks the enjoyment of buying something special other than it came from Maggie Beer's shop. The big advantage is that you can get to taste the wide range of products that now carry her label. The setting of the shop is very pretty beside a lake. There are some game birds housed in an area next to the carpark and on our second visit there was a beautiful peacock by the entrance door. The restrooms are exceptionally clean.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank moreinput

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“Chaos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been to the farm shop on a number of occasions, to eat and replenish my Maggie supplies. I just found the place to be crowded, with staff and punters elbowing each other out of the way. I can purchase most of Maggie's stuff at the major supermarkets now, so I don't have to return. It was nice tho to check out the latest. The food on offer is limited to either soup or pastry wrapped terrine thingy ... or you can have a basket with a tub of pate .... we can do that at home!

1 Thank farpavilions
Adelaide, Australia
“fabulous lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Two of our party shared the duck terrine which was unbelievably good and the Chicken and rosemary pate picnic basket. Will have problems choosing next time, I shall be torn between both.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Maggie Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was very excited about going to Maggie's farm and there was certainly no letdown. there was extensive tastings on offer and I chose the Duck and Vino Cotta pate which came with a gluten free roll for me. Good service and the pate was so good. I have not had pate for years. We went for a walk around the property after lunch and I particularly enjoyed how nature has been preserved here. Thanks Maggie

Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing - food allergy? Don't bother.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were really looking forward to MB. Upon walking in it felt like a mini market with the produce on display & available for tastings. Wanting to have lunch, I enquired about dietary requirements & was told that the only lunch item available was soup. And I was unable to have it. They did suggest a platters of bread / dip / pate but i don't consider that lunch.
Trying to make the most of it, I requested some gluten free bread to try some of the produce. A while later there was no bread & off we were to enjoy our afternoon elsewhere.