“Underwhelming”

and up
Barossa Valley Hot Air Balloon Ride with Winery Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Nuriootpa
More attraction details
Owner description: Barossa Balloon Adventures conduct hot air balloon flights over the Barossa Valley. We have over 26 years of safe flying. Your experience starts at Peter Lehmann’s winery 1.5 hours before sunrise. Flight time is approximately an hour. On landing, the support vehicle arrives, the balloon is packed away, then it’s time to head off and pop some corks of the local bubbly and enjoy some fine Barossa food. The whole experience lasts about 5 hours.
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Was a little disappointed with this trip. We used a gift voucher. When making the booking they were not overly polite, and on the two occasions we we're cancelled due to the weather they didn't offer much explanation and seemed annoyed that I was asking questions. The picnic breakfast was average, the weather was warm and being outside with the flys annoyed me. For what it cost it didn't blow me away.

4 Thank TogzTravelz
Justinstein, Owner at Barossa Balloon Adventures, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. At Barossa Balloon Adventures all feedback is important , we are always self evaluating and strive to exceed our customer's expectations. I am sorry to hear that our customer service over the phone didn't live up to your expectations. We always endevour to be couteaus and informative and so I am sorry that that was not your experience. It is always disappointing when flights have to be cancelled due to unsuitable weather conditions, and so guests are better able to understand our reasons for cancelling we always send information regarding this at the time of booking. Our breakfast choices reflect our passion for the Barossa region as we use local produce, from our crusty breads to some Linke's Barossa hams,and of course some Peter Lehmann bubbbles.
Once again I am sorry that you found your experience underwhelming and thank you for the feedback.

Adelaide, Australia
“A Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was a surprise birthday gift. Justin collected us from our accommodation and we had the best experience. All the staff were friendly & professional and more than happy to help. Obviously this is very dependant on the weather but the team at BBA made sure they tried all their options to give us a flight. Well Done and thank you!!!!!

Visited January 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back, we are really glad you enjoyed your experience. We are very lucky to have such great staff with us, always friendly and professional. Hot air ballooning is a fantastic way to start the day and you are always in safe hands with Justin! Kind Regards Barossa Balloon Adventures.
adelaide
“The best experience of a lifetime a must do.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The best experience I have ever had all done professionally and even though I am scared of heights I enjoyed every minute of it, The team involved are very professional and the flight went with no hitches, breakfast at the end was well put on, well done to all involved. An experience well worth doing, if have ever thought about doing it, do it with these guys they are the best. It was all booked without me knowing well done to my husband, the team also had a birthday cake ready for me as it was my 50th well done team awesome, breathtaking must do…Mike and Heather Ortmann 26th January 2014

Visited January 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review. Justin is a very experienced pilot and has a great ability to put passengers at ease! Over his 15 years of flying passengers in the Barossa he has actually flown many passengers who are scared of heights, and they all say the same thing, how much they enjoyed it and they are so glad they flew! I am glad you got to celebrate your 50th birthday with us, we always like to add that personal touch and provide a birthday cake at breakfast. Tops off the morning beautifully we think.
“Breathtaking Ballooning! ”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much Justin and crew for a fantastic morning way above the Murray near Blanchetown. Well explained procedures, friendly staff, brilliant landing and a lovely breakfast thanks to Margaret. Highly recommended!

AdelLondon!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience! ”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked this flight as a surprise for my husband's 60th birthday. We were not disappointed. As its totally reliant on the weather we understood there was a possibility of having to reschedule- fortunately it was near perfect conditions for us!
We were picked up by our pilot Justin on time from our accommodation. ..all part of the service. Joined by a small group of others at Peter Lehmanns winery we set off to find a suitable (low ground wind) launch site. Everyone pitched in to help and at just about sunrise we started our ascent. The morning was perfect and Justin was not only humorous and very experienced (hes been flying many for years and knows the Barossa well) but also allowed time to be silent and take it all in. We floated for a good hour, low and high with commentary as appropriate, then landed perfectly in a paddock downwind. Co-worker Tamara tracked us in the support van and after we all helped pack the gear into the trailer, we set off for brekky back at the winery grounds. A yummy local spread of meats, cheeses, bread, chicken and fruits, champagne, juice and hot drinks, and even a cake for the 2 celebrating birthdays topped off a wonderful experience. I can highly recommend choosing to fly with Balloon Adventures!!