“had a counter meal which was average, didn't realise they had a main dining area which could have been better then what”
Review of Vine Inn

Vine Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Nuriootpa
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This establishment offers accommodation and dining in the Barossa region of South Australia. It is well presented and I have stayed and dined at this place. Surprising that no one has reviewed it as it is well and truly smack bang in the middle of this well known tourist area
Reviewed February 10, 2013

can recommend this place but get a room in the units. If you are fussy with your food don't have a counter tea.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was the first time we had been here, and had lunch during a trip to the Barossa. We expected a cheap pub meal, nothing fancy. Still, we were very disappointed.

The positive was that the staff were all very friendly, although poorly trained and/or simply not enough staff to deal with the lunch rush.

Negatives:
- We had to wait for some time to be seated - there was no one else in front of us, and tables to spare.
- It then took 20 minutes in the line up to order food.
- There was only one register and one person taking orders in the lunch rush.
- Drinks had to be ordered and paid separately at the bar - with only one EFTPOS machine, the barman then had to go back to the cash register where you just ordered food to put the payment through anyway!!! Which meant more waiting for it to be free in between food orders.
- Quality of food was poor - even worse than expected for the price and venue.
- The air conditioning was on quite cold, which made it very unpleasant, especially given the overall decor and ambience isn't nice anyway.

I can safely say we won't be revisiting, even for a cheap meal. And you certainly don't want to be in a hurry!!!

2  Thank Lleigh82
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had 2 meals here, the barramundi was fabulous as was the wurst meal and steak. The steak was done medium/rare as ordered and was melt in the mouth, brilliant. The pepper sauce was spicy and nice. In the evening the restaurant was busy and this did not detract from the atmosphere or the service. The waiting staff were courteous, friendly and extremely efficient.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had lunch here as part of our winery day tour package so we had set choices and I have no idea of prices, but can comment on what we had at least. To us it was just good honest pub food, with large servings but not outstanding in taste/presentation, as you would expect with the styling/ambiance - eg cheap tables/chairs, large open eating area with RSL-type carpet and feel. I'm sure this place would be a local hang-out at the end of a long week, with a pub band and free-flowing beers.

Our table all enjoyed their main meals, and took advantage of the open salad/vegetable bar. The latter reminded me of the standard lower-end buffet or Sizzler bay marie. My partner and I had the kangaroo - a huge slab of meat, a little chewy here and there, with a decent pepper sauce and mash. Others had the chicken parmigiana and barramundi. For desserts, the sticky date pudding wasn't exactly done the traditional way and was quite sickly, and more like a cake than a pudding, but could still be considered as "good honest pub grub".

Therefore I guess I'm on the fence! Would I go back if I were in the area? No. Would I suggest others go there? Depending on what you want and your budget, sure, try anything once!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently took my mother to the Vine Inn for what we thought would be a lovely lunch. Our reservation was for 1pm and when we arrived it was quite busy (as you would expect at this time of year). We had requested an outside table when booking a few days before and when the waitress got to us she just pointed and said to sit anywhere. Inside the tables were all set for Christmas but outside completely bare. After approx 10 minutes and no menus, no staff, we decided to ask if we could sit inside, We probably stood there for another 10 minutes before we could find someone to ask if we could do this.
The answer was "probably". We sat at a table and hoped that it wasn't reserved for someone and we would be asked to move later on.
Once our meals had been ordered the restaurant was half empty as going on for 2pm. It still took nearly 40 minutes for our lunches to be served.
My son's pasta was overcooked and the chicken, in his words, tasted like scrambled eggs. I had
ordered crumbed prawns which did not even have a tartare sauce served with them. When I asked about this I was directed to the buffet to an almost empty container that the woman scraped from the bottom and told me I could put onto a side plate.
My husband's steak was also quite average for the price. The only positive was my mother's barramundi which she enjoyed.
We were also charged for salad which we learned later was included with main meals.
we completed the comments card on the table and handed to reception on the way out. I left my email to be contacted but after nearly 2 weeks have not heard anything back hence my review.
Although this is a busy time of year we would have expected better from a place that looks like it is very popular but service was very poor and not encouraging for a return visit.

2  Thank angabaAdelaide