“A great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nuriootpa
Wellington, New Zealand
“A great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were part of a tour that used this accommodation. Our room had been refurbished and was lovely. The dining room and bar are a bit dated, but the food was great and the staff - well, what can I say, they were the best we dealt with over our whole trip. They could not have been nicer. We went on a balloon ride on our second day, and were too late back for breakfast, but they made sure that we were well fed. I wanted to go to Maggie Beers, but the taxis were expensive and there were not bikes for hire, so the Manager drove us there! Thats what I call good service. Everyone was extremely friendly, I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew R
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Andrew R,
Firstly, may I apologise for the delay in repsonding to your review. We have been experiencing some difficulty transmitting responces through Trip Advisor, but this has now been rectified.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of a broad range of what the Barossa has to offer. It was a pleasure to able to drop you down to Maggie Beer's so that you could taste some of our great local produce.
We look forward to your next visit. By this time, the remainder of our accommodation rooms will have been fully refurbished and it is our intent to move on the refurb of our bars and other areas thereafter.
Vine Court Barossa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

we had a great time, the staff we very effecient . The room was spacious, plenty of areas to see the dining room staff were excellent food was delicious the presentation of our salt & pepper squid was in a different style. The view from our room upstairs over looked the vinyards. great place to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan M
Dear Jan M,
My apologies for the delay in my responce to your review. We have been experiencing some difficulty responding through the Trip Advisor system, but this has now been rectified, hence my repsonce to you.
We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to seeing you on your your next visit to the Barossa. We are in the process of refurbishing the remainder of our accommodation rooms so next time you visit, you should get a nice surprise.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I took some relatives from interstate to this hotel for a meal last weekend. We arrived with a baby in tow, and were immediately made to feel welcome by friendly, smiling staff ( a rarity these days!) for whom nothing was too much trouble.
The menu was extensive but not too overpriced for the region. The quality and quantity of food was excellent and they have a good vegetable and salad bar included in the price of the main course, or you can purchase this option separately.
The only downside was there was no hot water in the baby changeroom and the staff didn't want to heat up the baby's bottle - no explanation given.
They need to look at making themselves more "baby" friendly!
Overall, quite good and we will go there again. Our visitors were also happy to return again.

Room Tip: Sorry, we didn't stay in the accomodation.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Teddles 19,
Thank you for your feedback relative to your dinner with us here at the Vine Inn.
I noted that one of my team was unwilling to assist you with the warming of your baby’s bottle and will investigate why. It certainly is not a hotel policy to not assist parents with babies.
I apologise for this and will ensure that everyone is made aware that we are here to serve or assist our guests of all ages.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice clean hotel. A bit dated but can't complain as the value is excellent.
Spa and bathroom were excellent. Upstairs veiw out to vines and the other door veiw over pool.
Right in the centre of Nuri with heaps of parking avaliable. Highly recomended

Room Tip: Nice central Hotel... Will stay again
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ROYROGERS99
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Royrodgers99,

Thank you for your feedback relative to your recent stay with us.
We are in agreeance that our rooms are in need of some improvement andwill be embarking on an extensive refurbishment program of our rooms here at the Vine Inn commencing in September of this year and with a finish date of Feb / March next year.
I trust that you will be able to visit us again when these works are completed and that you will enjoy our hospitality in these improved facilites in the future.

Renmark, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booked a room at the Vine Inn for one night on a business trip.
Got there about 7pm. Went to check in and was told my room was 350 meters down the road at the Vine Court 'Motel'.
It was a dark night and there was no luminous sign to clearly tell me where the motel was. Found it Okay but some clear indication would have been helpful.

Not entirely happy with the room that cost $100 with a noisy old stlye reverse cycle air conditioner and a small square box as a TV. It is a motel room in every sence of the word. (no mini bar either)
That’s why I choose to stay at hotels and not motels.

It was too far to go back to the Vine Inn for dinner and breakfast plus I was annoyed so I took my business elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Andrew G
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Andrew G,

Thank you for your feedback relative to your stay at the Vine Court.
I was surprised that you were unaware that you would be staying at our Vine Court property as it is our policy to advise all parties at the time of making a phone booking that the Vine Court is located 350 metres from the Vine Inn. Further, this is clearly displayed in all areas of our web page and our on line booking facilities.
I trust that if you come to stay with us on the future, you may try our Vine Inn rooms which you may find more conducive to your requirements.

Broken Hill, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights and 'invested' some $ on the pokies, and we encountered some of the most rude and inconsiderate staff ever, esp. in the pokies room. Another reason not to play the one arm bandits.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SteveM2880
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Steve M2880,

Thank you for your review relative to your stay of June 2012 here at the Vine Inn.

I was very disappointed to read that your experience was not a positive one owing to the actions of someone from my team. In almost all instances, guests compliment us on the friendliness of our staff and efficiency of our service and the review has come as a bit of a surprise. Nevertheless, I will be printing your review for all to see and will personally investigate who may have treated you in an unsatisfactory manner so that I may offer counselling or take appropriate disciplinary action.

If you could contact me direct so that I may establish which of my team did not fulfil their obligations to both you as a customer and the business as their employers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Since my previous review of this venue (who have been gracious enough to reply with very good news on their Vine Court rooms, thank you!), I have returned to the area for another business meeting, and this time stayed in the main part of the Vine Inn itself. Although the exterior was a tad dated, I could not have been more satisfied with the room itself. Firstly, it was massive, with a queen bed, single bed, and ample space in a living area with couch, chair, coffee table etc. Not only did this make a difference for my husband and I (only there for one night), but our friends were staying next door and we enjoyed a bit of Barossa wine in the room with no feeling of being cramped or intruding on personal space. All amenities worked well (heating, appliances), and the shower was very clean, great water pressure, and good lighting too. Extra touches like wine glasses and a "waiter's friend" were appreciated (good for a wine region!), and the decor was modern and fresh. We slept very well, no noise (midweek), dark, cosy. The morning's view over the opening balcony saw the sun rise over a vineyard. On the first floor, we could look out above the car parking to this beautiful vista, and it helped set the scene for a fun day of sightseeing. Being in central Nuriootpa meant we could make forays out to any of the smaller townships easily, and still enjoy all the modern amenities of the Barossa's largest town. I'd definitely stay there again, and based on comments from the management on the upgrade of the Vine Court, that could be another affordable option too. Oh - friendly and helpful people throughout the establishment too, from the bottle shop to the restaurant. Too cold to try the pool, but even mid winter it looked clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DinahMyDear
VIBmanager, General Manager at Vine Inn Barossa, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Alice Down Under,

Thank you for visiting us again and for reviewing our Vine Inn rooms.

We are happy that you were comfortable and that your husband was able to get a better sleep this time round.

We look forward to your next visit and review.

Vine Court Barossa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuriootpa
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
#1 of 2 in Nuriootpa
Lanzerac Country Estate
Lanzerac Country Estate
#1 of 14 in Tanunda

Been to Vine Inn Barossa? Share your experiences!