Olde Devonshire House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mintaro
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Pool
Port Wakefield Motel(Port Wakefield)
Vine Inn Barossa(Nuriootpa)
View Hotel
All reviewscooked breakfastbottle of local wineold world charmbreakfast provisionsbaconwood fireb beggsclare valleybreadgreat hostsbed was very comfortablekitchen dininglovely gardenfront doorbird lifeenormous bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2008

My fiance, some friends and I wanted to go away over Easter weekend to the Clare Valley. We found a B&B that we thought would be perfect, unfortunately they were all booked up. Olde Devonshire House was suggested. Time was slipping so we booked not really expecting much but Oh My Goodness!!!
We were so pleasantly surprised. We reserved the "long room" which was absolutely huge and beautiful. (They also have some spa suites)Upon arrival we found bottles of local wine and chocolate bunnies on the table. The refrigerator (there is a kitchen complete with dishwasher in the room) was stocked with breakfast provisions, eggs, bacon, juice, milk, etc. etc. There is even a laundry available if you need to wash some clothes.
The hosts, Julie and Mark Moss took the word "accomodating" to a new level. Julie grabbed some sausage from the local butcher for my friend. I had forgotten about some clothes I threw in the wash and Julie hung them up for me. Mark even gave us his nutcracker (aka hammer) so we could eat some almonds from the tree in the yard with our locally pruchased shiraz.
Mintaro is a beautiful little town to wander around. We wandered right out our front door and walked to a few different wineries, a hedge maze, an antique shop and the local pub.
If you like bird watching the trees are full of a variety of wild parrots. And we saw a kangaroo. Everyone I was with is Australian so seeing roos isn't anything new but being the American in the group I still get excited.
All of this was for a very reasonable price. We are planning a trip back to Olde Devonshire house in the winter to make use of the gorgeous fire place!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends