Lyndoch Hill
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$122
  • Pool
$86
$80
TripAdvisor
Vine Inn Barossa(Nuriootpa)(Great Value!)
$79
$74
Agoda.com
Mawson Lakes Hotel(Mawson Lakes)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Quest Mawson Lakes(Mawson Lakes)
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrose gardensbarossa chateaudevonshire teapackage dealmotel stylegood sizewine tastingcellar doorshort drivemerlotmarkantiquesbloomacresaustralia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We booked a 2 night package here with another couple to attend the Hall and Oates event. We couldnt book just one night, and that was fair enough I suppose.Supply and demand meant we paid c$320 for the two nights. We looked at the pictures on the hotel webpage and it looked fine. When we arrived we were horrified to find a 70's motel which had been tarted up a bit with a flat screen TV and newish looking blinds and fridge. On the downside and without going over what has already been said here, the walls were paper thin, allowing us to hear the bodily habits of next door, the bathrooms aged, ours had a cracked sink and discoloured mirror and felt so disappointed as we looked around the room, that we went straight back out again to get away from the place .
On our return we noticed that there was a large stain on the bedcover and a hole in one of the sheets, which didnt seem to be totally clean. We told reception who did deal with it promptly and apologetically. The 'included' breakfast was an excuse for a continental breakfast but to show what value you were receiving it was priced at $15, conveniently 50cents more expensive than the cooked variety, which you were not allowed to switch to without paying again.
As always the acid test is would we return or recommend? Answer ABSOLUTELY NOT

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teddall
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Hi All
We returned to Australia for my holls as i wanted to see more of the Australia has to offer,we decided to drive from Brisbane to Adalaide, I pre booked up at the Lyndoch Hill Retreat for a weeks rest for the end of my trip, We had already stayed at Lyndoch Hill Retreat before and made sense we would use it again as we enjoyed our stay there before, We did enjoyed it even more this time, the price was excellant and the food was scrumptious, the owners were so very friendly, nothing seemed to much for them, I really could not get my head around one review that i have just read, regarding the meals they had at Lyndoch, ...... I would just like to mention (seeing as they never) that evening meals are not included in the price and are not advertised as such so it is yours or my choice to have these meals or not, how can you use that as a negative of Lyndoch Hill how beats me, We actually really enjoyed the meals they provided breakfast and dinner, but I also went out when I wanted something completely different, Lyndoch is within walking distance of the shops and found a lovely Pub that we visited a couple of time, the area is beautiful, the quietness is amazing,

It's a really lovely place and at the right money and the owners are really friendly and very approachable.. what more do you want or need

Sorry dont know what impression I left them with, never realised till I got home just how many piccys I had taken, must of constantly had a camera around my neck.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank essexshezza
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I felt that i had to leave a comment, after reading some negavity in some of the reviews on here to say that we had a LOVELY experience here! My partner and i stayed for 2 nights in the run up to Christmas and would recommend the place to anyone. The rooms were beautifuly clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant some of the best i have had in ages. In fact the whole place had a very nice atmosphere - please do take time for a walk around the gardens as they are wonderful. It isn't the most luxurious place in the region but it certainly is a nice motel in a nice part of the world for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fliss86
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked and paid for this nights accommodation and dinner a month or so before our trip. When we arrived we were soooo disappointed to see that the rooms are OLDER style motel rooms with a coat of paint and updated air conditioning with flat screen TV. The bed was a shocker and a single bed in the room but no lounge only an old table and two chairs. We couldnt even park in front of our unit because it would block the car in the room next to ours!!! In the room was a write up of the restaurant. We can only say that the chef had obviously left because the food and wait staff were very disappointing. Continental breakfast was very ordinary. The rose garden is being worked on. Could not recommend.

Room Tip: I dont think there are any good rooms here
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SueMeBar
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was lucky to find good quality accomodation such as this and great service such as I received at Lyndoch Hill and at such short notice and very competitve rates. It's a pity I didn't get an opportunity to dine in the restaurant or walk the extensive gardens, but I will definitely be back to complete the experience.

The room was nice and clean with modern furnishings and fittings. The staff were all very helpful, flexible and accomodating with a good deal of empathy - Carol at reception made sure my stay worked for me, even before I arrived by organising an early check-in, which was much appreciated in my circumstances.

The only negative comment I have is that the swimming pool was a disappointment - too cold. But I guess that only a tea-totaller like me would be more interested in the swimming than what the Chateau has to offer! :)

Keep up the good work Lyndoch Hill!

Room Tip: The shrubbery immediately behind the motel rooms in the centre of the strip is great for privacy but you miss out on any views of the gardens. I would suggest you ask for a room with a view of the gardens, especially if they are the reason for choosing Lyndoch Hill.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo