“Just average”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I ate here due to the reviews on trip advisor, but was quite disappointed. The food was just average, nothing special at all. Service was good, and the flavours of the dishes were quite nice but the quality of the produce was definitely not top quality, especially considering the price of the dishes. Just an average restaurant!!

2  Thank flippa

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our first time wasn't so good but out second time was amazing, the service was outstanding and the food was to die for, hubby said it was the best steak he has had.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

First time visit last evening with friends. Food was awesome, not a long wait either. Service fantastic, will look forward to going back.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food at this restaurant is superb. I was with a party who booked the restaurant out, so it was full. The service was fantastic, all the staff were so friendly and professional and what a beautiful restaurant and court yard. I cannot wait to go again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Mr PugHugger, I and the two pugs took a long weekend break and based ourselves in Gawler. This place caught our eye as we wandered the main street on Saturday. As such we called to ensure they were pet friendly (outside of course) and made a reservation.

I can say nothing but good about the customer service as a whole. We arrived just as they opened (as we were dining outside we did not want to eat too late and be cold). The first thing they brought was some water for the pugs - many bonus points from the slightly crazy dog lady for this.

We then had a lovely discussion about the menu in general (it all looked lovely) before settling on mains a side of vegetables and desserts. The owner (I think) helped us select our wine and we were very satisfied with the bottle, we also appreciated the fact there was no pressure to rush our meals or wine and nor was there pressure to buy more than we wanted to.

In the end I ordered the beef, cooked perfectly medium rare, Mr PugHugger had the chicken and we both had affogato.

I would return without hesitation and consider the overall price (under $200 for both of us including a 1999 bottle of wine) extremely reasonable.