“Great food, great value”
Review of The Southern Hotel

The Southern Hotel
Ranked #31 of 50 Restaurants in Gawler
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
South Australia
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took my family of five here a few nights ago for my sons birthday dinner. Their food is delicious and of a high quality. They have a medium sized dessert and salad/veg bar that is all you can eat included in the price, with a variety of selections so everyone will find something they like. The deserts are only for dinner except the soft serve ice-cream, which also can be self served at lunch if that's your preference.

Overall, this restaurant I'd good value for money, family friendly with an indoor play gym for the kids, and kid friendly meals. The parents also have a variety of meals to choose from.

Quality of the food is great, service is also good, we haven't had to wait long for a meal in the many times we have been here. Highly recommended.

Only negative I can give the southern is the car park, it's squishy and I found I have had to park next door in the cafe area to prevent my car getting stuck with the rush of people coming and going. That however is an issue with me not wanting my car scratched and has no impact on their quality service.

• Visited January 2013

England, UK
“Fantastic Value”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Pay for your main meal and help yourself to a buffet (as much as you can eat) for everything else. We stopped here for dinner on a Friday evening, ordered our main meal then helped ourselves to soup for starters, then salad and bread, then veggies or salad with our main meal, then a choice of deserts including soft ice cream with toppings. Excellent value. Its even cheaper on a Thursday night at just $16.50 for a shopper special.

• Visited January 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Food, Great Service, Value For Money”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I have had lunch here quite often, whether it's for a birthday lunch or just a get together. The staff are friendly, service is great, food is great and it's definitely value for money. If you haven't been there before, then give it a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Terrible food terrible service!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Food and service was well below average and prices were rather high for pub food!

2 Thank Sunnydaze12
Capel, Australia
“Best Restaurant in Region for Families”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had lunch here in April during the school holidays. There is an excellent set-up for young children with an indoor playground (similar to the type you find at McDonalds). There was also a face painter who did an excellent job turning our four year old cheeky boy into Spider Man.

The food was great quality and the prices are very reasonable (kids meals $5.50, adults ~$15). Our party included two children, a teenager and four adults. With drinks and meals our total cost was under $150 with healthy serves, cold beer and good wine. Next time we're back in the area we will definitely be going back.

• Visited April 2012