“Average”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A new cafe in Burra - South Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had the Chunky meat pies,Soggy pastry on the bottom , pies tasted like Worcestershire sauce had been cooked with the meat which was tough to eat -have had much better --Staff are not friendly ,

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

After a hectic night out at the local on a quick stopover from wa, I happened to stumble past cookaburra.
Wanting a greasy fix, went inside and to my dismay found no greasy food.
What I did find was fresh as you can get homemade pies. Oh my Lordy lord they where good. Deffinately the best pies in Australia by far. And the staff where extremely helpful and warm.
Highly recommend

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Not a bad place for a coffee & a toastie but I think the owners need to make sure that the staff are not sitting outside puffing away whilst you are trying to enter the shop, not a good look.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A very welcoming and accommodating cafe in a very handy spot to the caravan park. Phil and Family run a super friendly and efficient eatery with fast service. Famished from "traveller's rations" over 2 weeks, I opted to fill myself with fish and chips and in the space of 10 minutes it was delivered: albeit the fish dwarfed by the chips, nevertheless all the more enjoyable. Every morning thereafter was a latté, which I opted to enjoy inside. The cups are insulated so no hot fingies — this is a nice touch so often overlooked in high street cafes.Thank you all again for your miles of smiles and great service. I shall return. :-}

• The Flying Camera aka Garyh/Geelong

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I drop into the Cook O'Burra regularly on my long drives interstate (for the past four months) and I always look forward to it!