“high end restaurant with reasonable cost”

Vintner's Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Angaston
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Visited this restaurant with some Kiwis and was blown away by the food.
Entrees of crusty , toasted french bread and Ortiz anchovies absolute highlight. Definitely over indulged on those little puppies.
Superbly cooked fillet of beef for a main with I forget what.
Dessert was equally enjoyable.I think the wine may have blurred the memory ;some Octavious?? along with some others made the day complete .
I don't think its a hidden secret but, thoroughly recommend this place.
I do think the name is a bit naff; "Vintners Bar and Grill" doesn't do it justice
Just go there!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is an award winning restaurant. For me though I preferred another not so far away. The food is beautifully presented but very expensive. Not a large menu but this seems to be common in the Barossa. I am gluten free and was disappointed that none of the desserts were gf. Otherwise recommended.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were staying across the road from this Restaurant, so when we arrived on the Sunday afternoon of the Easter weekend, it seemed like a convenient place to eat. The restaurant is in a beautiful garden setting which begs for a long lingering lunch. We found the wait staff very efficient, helpful and friendly and the food and wine was exceptional. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have said it's a gorgeous place to go to on a cold winter's night as it's so warm and cosy! The log fire was beautiful and reminded us of ours at home. The ambience of the place is amazing! But because of where it's situated you could go anytime and love it. As there is outdoor seating it would be lovely on a warm spring day as well :-)

Service was fantastic and waitress had good knowledge about the menu and what was what.

The food was delicious - especially the entree was the crab dish with a delicious fresh salad. The crab was beautiful and sweet and the salad no ordinary boring salad. It was literally like an explosion i my mouth of flavours - i could have eaten a whole great bowl just of that!

My main was the kangaroo dish which was coked to perfection and really delicious. My husband had the scallops which he wasn't fussed on and the beef which was nice but "safe'. Rather than say it was poor food, he says it was just a poor choice on his part as he loved mine and wished he had ordered that!

Dessert I wasn't fussed on - the passionfruit souffle but that was a poor choice on my part as I'm not a big passionfruit fan by any means lol.

We had read mixed reviews on this place but most seemed to be gripes about lunch time meals, so we thought we'd chance it for dinner. I had been there many years ago with a friend and we enjoyed it back then too. This time I was back with my husband to celebrate our second wedding anniversary :-)

I would certainly go back for dinner next time I'm there as we never wanted to leave as it was so cosy and warm and great service.

Would definately recommend this place for dinner as a couple, with friends or with family. We saw all groups there that night as it was fairly full with big tables. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Dined by the open fire for lunch on a very wintery day. This was our third meal at Vintners and we were pleased to find food and service of the same standard as previously. Pie Of the Day was a fish pie which was hearty with plenty of fish and the right amount of sauce. Pasta with ragu was also a well executed dish and the goat curry was full of flavour and very tender. Good wine list. Great cosy ambience on a cold day.