“amazing food”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Lovely ambient restaurant, we sat at the bar and ate as the place was fully booked. My husband really enjoyed his seafood risotto and I have to say my pork belly was one of the tastiest dishes I have ever eaten, well worth a visit.

2  Thank KerryMarieParker

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stopped in without a reservation for Sunday lunch, great service, suffered food envy whilst watching everyone's meals coming out, but all was well when our meals arrived. The house cured orange roughy and seafood risotto smelt as good as it looked and tasted even better, and my partner raved about his spatchcock. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a restaurant meal.

1  Thank StewyNT
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had lunch here, and loved it. Sorry you didn't get your fair share of rib eye Paul, I think we might have got your share! We were planning a light lunch, so didn't order bread or entrees, and the rib eye took 45 minutes from order to service, but boy was it worth the wait. Huge, perfectly cooked, the caramellised eschallots and sauce were devine, we had a simple salad and french fries with it, which were perfect. We honestly couldn't fit dessert in after it, and skipped dinner that evening. The atmosphere was very tasteful and warm, the staff were attentive and VERY professional, overall a wonderful dining experience. Yes, pricey, but worth every cent.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

3.5 Stars - What to do when your $76 steak "for two" turns out to be a steak for one? I did nothing. Normally i'd be the first to say something but reasoned that the Chef cooking it would've known (there was no rib eye for one on the menu), the Chef overseeing food leaving the kitchen would've known (this place does have an air of professionalism) and our bright obliging waitress would've surely noticed? So why would I risk ruining my evening with possible angst?
Things were pretty good till then, nice warm atmosphere around the open fire, A single busy but bright waitress for about a dozen diners. Nice entrees, tuna tartare, cheese soufle and rochford sparkling shiraz ($$$) to keep us happy.
The eye fillet (for one) spied on another table looked excellent (and bigger!) but when another table's rib eye for two arrived I knew we were 'cheated' of a much better dining experience if not at least $40. Still I didn't say anything.
The chocolate soufle was of good design, milk chocolate flavour with side plates of stewed raspberries (canned?) and double cream. However it did have an odd 'skin' that resisted your spoon and noticeably deflated the whole dish like a hand pressing a pillow before it gave. Not light, like a soufle. Perhaps it was waiting in the kitchen for too long?
Overall not a bad place but probably not the first choice of a value driven diner like myself.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Came here based upon the reviews on here. Was not disappointed. Lovely warm dining room which is great in the winter. Friendly waitreses who seated us quickly. The menu was short but too the point and contained some lovely dishes which i thinknwould have something for everyone. We tried the tuna sashimi and the sweet potato soup. The sashimi was excellent, the sweet potato could have been a touch spicier but this is australia. For mains we had the lamb shank and the pork belly. With pork it can be a bitnhit and miss with myself, but that dish was a hit all the way. Lovely and pink with some greta mash below. The lamb shank on lentilsnwas very good as well. It was let down by the potatos which were under cooked.

The wines were very reasonably priced for their selection.

Well worth a visit