“Nice place for a pepper jacks but not serving evening meals weekdays”

Saltram Cellar Door
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Angaston
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: No history of the Barossa Valley or Australian wine industry is complete without the mention of Saltram. Saltram has celebrated the tradition and heritage behind the Barossa Valley, making flagship red wines of great style and taste.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat and stopped in. Unfortunately they didn't do weekday evening meals so we stopped and relaxed with a pepperjacks before continuing our search. Lovely atmosphere. Great glasses, delicious wine. Nice atmosphere. Will visit again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Grab an outdoor table in the sun and couple of Pepperjacks. I had been a fan of Saltram wines and am glad that they have been able to master a wine drinkers beer.
The pizzas are tasty, however the menu could do with some expansion and creativity to better showcase the "local food" which South Australians love to talk up.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I still think about this place. I went there for a Christmas lunch with work a couple years ago now. We were seated in their den which is a private room with a long table. Everything was just suberb. We had a few waitresses attending to us only, the wine and food was delicious. I had their home made pie and I couldn't get enough.
The atmosphere was so inviting and comfortable and the food amazing. The wine glasses were also beautiful and if you like them that much you can purchase them!
I am disappointed that I have not returned since for a lunch or dinner with my partner/friends but next time we're in the Barossa we certainly will.
It is a gorgeous winery with a lovely entrance.
It's not cheap but I felt prices were reasonable considering what you receive.
The den is nice for a special intimate celebration.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Pay the extra $$$ to try 'the Journal'! Amazing. And lunch was fabulous. I had the salmon with a macadamia salsa and sweet potato mousse. Absolutely gorgeous. He had lamb rack and described it delicious and tender , locally raised lamb. When paired with the mint pesto with anchovies it was outstanding.
Also check out their Mao style caps, they are pretty cool too.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The restaurant is lovley, good wine tasing area, food on offer is up there however the service as pleasant as the waitress was passed our table several times without asking if we would like any drinks, I called her over to order some sparkling wine and I was told that she was sorry but she was training someone that took her time. .mmm.......