All reviews surfers paradise the gold coast walking distance would stay again backpackers bond tram
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2019

best part was leaving
I am a hostel manager and I know some people leave bad reviews for no reason so I tried this place....
I would rather sleep on the street then here

The room is overcrowded and not fire safe, I have reported it to qld fire.
The room has no aircon, no working roof fan and only after I persisted we got a wolf and back hardly works.
The door lock is broken so had to sleep with the door slightly open,
The mattresses are a plastic horrible thin
Kitchen shuts at 8 p.m.
The manager clearly hates his job and is rude the rest of the work for accommodation staff seemed ok.
The only good part was the basic free breakfast.. oh and leaving.
Do not stay here!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

After coming across said lodge online was quite happy with wat the online pics and write up said. Turns out it was all a putrid lie... Horrible customer service....No wifi as promised..rooms absolutely disgusting thick with dust....no basics...sugar tea coffee milk... towels Nothing.. the ad also states breakfast included... well unless air and bad manners are breakfast then we still starving... And due to my sisters medical condition the room as offered was far from suitable as described above.... so due to this ....but not before asking to be given a different room several times.. I then went on to request a refund.... whilst knowing I wouldn't recieve the full refund was told despite it saying online I would receive partial refund in cash and full refund for key deposit...I was quite Rudley and swiftly cut off and told no in a less than business like ....then once again onlie it says in cash for key deposit... I was told no again that it would be put in my bank.... straight away....2 days later I'm still waiting...

All in all...on-top of working on the weekend.... then this joke for Lodge and it's cartoon cowboy highway robber.. I've never had a worse experience and sure as hell will be giving the gold coast a wide berth..

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2019

Safe, comfortable and cosy! I stayed solo and had no issues! Comfortable bed. This was my second stay! Good value! Would stay again. Kitchen there and fridge in room also. No issues being a solo traveller! Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2019

What you sign up for is not what you get, please ignore the broucher pictures, they do not reflect the horror your about to enter. Please read the fine print and the extra costs that go on top and you will quickly realise the cancellation fee is there for a reason or this business would not exist. Serive does not exist in this part of the world, so dont expect any. Very noisy neighbours will ensure you sleep is interupted and the fact that you have no air conditioning will see the windows open which compounds the problem.

Like others, a 1 rating is far to generous.......

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2019

Run Far and Fast! Filthy! Disgusting. Gives hostels a bad name. Pool looked like it hadnt been cleaned in years, front area dirty and then we got to the farce of a room. Bed linen looked like it had been slept in. When complained was told "it is a hostel, what do you expect"

Date of stay: March 2019