“Looks nicer on iternet”

Crystal Bay on the Broadwater
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This accomadation is great if you want to do the theme parks as it is only 10 mins away- the rooms themselves were passable but quite disappointing as , booked on the Internet and it looked nicer - staff were not friendly at all -

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Mdnsroxi

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Recently my granddaughter and husband and two " littlelies" spent 5 days at the delightful Crystal Bay Resort on the Broadwater in Southport , Gold Coast. "Grandmas' "shout"! The 2 bedroom cnr apt, was a good size, fully self-contained with kitchen / laundry / living /dining areas.on level 10 , overlooking the lovely N facing water views. Pool / spa /gym / BBQ facilities if required and all well presented. Large sunny balcony. Park right opposite resort with great children's play area. Good A/C and Foxtel if you have time to watch it!

Very welcoming on checking in and leaving. Underground secure parking with lift access only to your level. Great shopping at nearby Harbour Town or Australia Fair for any supplies etc.
Family spent 1 day at Seaworld about 10 mins away - other theme parks up M1 about 20 mins drive. so Crystal Bay very handy to "everything'!

Room Tip: I understand CB is undergoing refurbishments, as some rooms are getting a bit 'dated'. Howev...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BabsGoldCoast
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I picked this place because the other resorts I normally stay at had outrageous tariffs for the same period.....well it was awful! Carpet was dirty, door frame to a bedroom had come away and was leaning into room (!!), louvres were broken, side of lounge had visible oily marks so it hadn't been wiped (leather), couldn't flush loo properly, tv lost sound after three days (oh and there are no instructions on how to operate the thing!), crockery was missing. Given I asked for a refurbished room, I don't think there's any excuse for so many faults. Take my advice and look elsewhere!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jenny T
CrystalBayResort4215, General Manager at Crystal Bay on the Broadwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Jenny,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at Crystal Bay. We always do our best to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and your comments will be taken on board.
Please note that the superior units (at small additional cost) at Crystal Bay have recently been up-graded so have new furnishings throughout!!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have stated here for 6 years in a row and up until our last visit, we have always been more than satisfied. Our last trip however was terrible.

We booked 5 months in advance and specifically requested a refurbished room, which we were told we would get because we were returning guests, it was even hand written on our invoice when we checked in.

Upon opening the door we realised it wasn't so, the carpet was filthy, the blinds were broken and dusty. The bucket chairs were so dirty that I had to wash my arms and change my shirt after sitting on them. When I told reception, they looked at me like I had 2 heads and sent up 2 more filthy chairs. Oh well I thought I would just throw the sheet that was in the cupboard on them so we could use them, to my disgust, it was covered in some unmentionable stains......

When asking reception about why we didn't get a refurbished room, they basically said too bad we made a mistake, you should have booked earlier, I told them we booked 5 months early, they looked it up and said oh yeah, oh well.

That was it, no apology, nothing to make our stay better, no offer of anything except a bewildered stare.

I emailed them when I got home from the stay to express my frustration and disappointment and got no reply at all.

Oh we also had 6 guests and they supplied 3 very old plastic chairs for the balcony, 1 of which had a very dodgy repair, these chairs can be picked up at bunnings for under $10 and they need to repair them when they are atleast 5 years old.

The beds are hard and uncomfortable, staff were rude and don't care. It wouldnt have been as bad if we hadn't specifically requested and been promised the updated room.

Terrible service. View is nice though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Loradel F
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed in a refurbished apartment on 5th floor and it is was beautiful, very clean, we had a great view of the Broadwater. The facilities were great, especially the pool as it was heated and prestine and my partner said the new gym was fantastic. We will definately stay at Crystal Bay Resort for our next holiday.

Room Tip: Request unit on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Breiana A
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently stayed a few days at the Crystal Bay resort on the Broadwater at Labrador, to our severe annoyance their maintenace guys consistently put the large dumpster bins out on a daily basis at an inconsiderate time of 5am... with the council dump trucks rolling up at 7am. Fair enough with the council, but if the guys at Crystal Bay were better organised they wouldn't have to wake the neighborhood up at 5am. Would it be any loss for them to put the bins out the night before? Yours truly,

SLEEP DEPRIVED

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mark T
Reviewed February 16, 2012

the furniture was filthy, the carpets were not much better, dust on the blinds, broken blinds, the room wasn't serviced once in five days, no toilet paper supplied. its swipe to enter the carparking is on the wrong side of the building so when the doors open you are head on with a vehicle coming out. Hall ways were also dirty and unclean.

Room Tip: Check the room personally before agreeing to accept the allocated room. The hotel lets are dirty and...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pameeauckland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Meriton Suites Southport
Broadwater Tourist Park
Broadwater Tourist Park
#1 of 11 in Southport
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Crystal Bay on the Broadwater? Share your experiences!