“Lovely management, great location! Just fine!”

Earls Court Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Southport
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely management, great location! Just fine!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travelled with my mother and 5 year old and we were perfectly happy at the Earls Court Motor Inn. We had a large room with a queen and 2 single beds. Everything was very clean and in good condition. It is very handy to the hospital, Australia Fair, Seaworld and there are some good little restaurants around there too. I think previous negative reviews are a bit harsh - it is a motor inn, not the hilton and for the price, it was very good. They also have apartments at the back of the complex and a nice pool and bbq area. The standout feature of this place is the management: Linda was so kind and friendly and her husband makes a great breakfast! I'd be surprised if you were disappointed with this place. It's just fine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LJtravels71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The place needs a good overhaul for starters, very tired beds, worn out chairs and 1 (yes one!) complimentary shampoo for a 4 night stay was the kicker. When after three days with no replacement shampoos, discovered that the man at reception desk didn't even know there was any shampoo provided!
Needless to say replacements never arrived. Only stay here if you are desperate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jrconsulting
ECMI, Manager at Earls Court Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We are naturally upset to receive a review such as this. In fairness, we had taken a few hours off and unfortunately the person relieving did not know where to find supplies. Immediately upon our return we gave the guest his requested shampoo (a fact he omitted to mention) and asked if there was anything else he would like. He responded that he was fine.
Please note that 25 rooms have been refurbished with new beds and soft furnishings and within 2 months the remaining ones will also be complete. The entire complex will also be recarpeted.
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was a very handy location for a family of 5 (or 6) in Southport for a couple of days for Sea World/Movie World, etc. This was one of the few times on our trip that kid #3 had a proper bed, rather than a fold-out bed. There were also 5 dinning room chairs (rather than 4) - something that is rare! Very close to Sea World. Good kitchen and laundry. Staff were very helpful and sorted out a problem very quickly. We were happy here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The only time you would stay here is to visit people in one of the 2 near by hospitals. The rooms are very clean, but very out dated. The mattress I slept on was extremely worn, the tv did not work and one particular worker was extremely rude. Any simple thing I asked for (eg directions) was a real hassle.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Smiddy446
Kyogle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The owners made us feel at home and they where great. They would organize transport for mum when she needed to go the hospital to visit me. The where great when I couldt travel they also let us book another night. They just made us feel at home.

Room Tip: Room three was good the room are big and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol P
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My friend's dad is in hospital there, and her mum, who is NOT a traveller, has been wonderfully supported by the owners, who have even taken her over to the hospital when they can.

They have made every effort possible to help her mum feel at home and welcome all the others who are coming and going during an extremely stressful time for the family.

My friend works in hospitality herself and has seen everything from 1-star to 5-star and says this place is clean, neat and a credit to the owners. She loves the $5 laundry, too.

If "lodging" means to welcome the weary traveller, then this place is worth 5 stars for that alone!

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchenettes which is helpful if you're going back and forth during the day.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mrsmacdotcomma
Nhulunbuy
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My wife and I are from Gove, Arnhem Land, NT and I looked for accommodation close to the Allamanda Hospital (during peak season rates) I had been staying at a resort on the Broadwater, when I was having tests done for carotid stenosis, but the price jumped from $99pn to $250pn. So I jumped at the $115pn at this motel - close to the hospital, my wife didn't have to drive. After talking to Lynn (manager) the booking was completed for 3 nights. Then I read the reviews!! I thought what have I done to deserve this. The worst reviews I've ever read, and I have been around the world 2 & 1/2 times. We stayed in 33 assorted places in Ireland during 1999, so I think I can assure you, the reader, that those reviews are a trump up. So clean, quiet and friendly staff as you could hope for. As I said, first booking was for 3 nights, but had to be extended a further week (for my wife) whilst I was in hospital, then another 2 nights. Lynn shuffled bookings around so we weren't mucked about. Car park: the undercover car park gives you so much room that gives you the confidence that you won't get door chips. Where else could you do your laundry and drying for 5 bucks? Now the bed. All I can say is that as soon as the head hits the pillow, it's straight off to dreamworld, and we wake up refreshed. And, the new friends we have met, well that's another story. If I was to be pedantic/trivial, then I would suggest to the owners to step up with the digital television installation. Thanks Lynn & david

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BlueEyesNhulunbuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Meriton Suites Southport
Sea World Resort
Sea World Resort
#2 of 5 in Main Beach
NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park

Been to Earls Court Motor Inn? Share your experiences!