“Seaviews & Meals areTops”
Review of Redcliffe RSL

Redcliffe RSL
Ranked #46 of 94 Restaurants in Redcliffe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With pristine views of Moreton Bay, the Redcliffe RSL offers value for money as one of the peninsulas leading entertainment venues, while still remaining true to its rich heritage. With great food, great entertainment and the friendliest staff in town, the Redcliffe RSL strives to provide the highest quality of service to its members and guests.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Generous meals are provided here. I have often had lunch with family and friends and also give our recommendation to eat here. Atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed and the seaview is not to be missed.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a meal today of eggs benedict but unfortunately what I received was fried eggs on toast. I was not very happy with this meal, I think they need training or meal to be taken off the menu.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Tuesday evening and ordered some 'members specials'. Between us we had chicken schnitzel, steak and a seafood basket. All meals were awful. The schnitzels were the cheap and nasty variety, the steak was a cheap grissly cut and the fish was awful. The veges were probably frozen and then well overcooked, mushy and tasteless. The gravy was clearly from a packet and not cooked out properly. Could not think of anything positive to say about the meal.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had lunch here with my wife, asked for a rare steak, had to send it back twice before I got one that wasn't well done. Felt sorry for the wait staff, but they were very helpful and in the end the supervisor ensured I got what I ordered.
Next time I will stick to the lamb shanks, they are delicious!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I popped in to the Redcliffe RSL for a weekday lunch after a talk at the local library (I highly recommend the Redcliffe Library - it looks a good facility).

I was welcomed at the door and signed in as a guest - no hassles. Went upstairs to the bistro where I saw a fabulous view of the sea out the big glass windows. It wasn't very busy so I grabbed a table right by the window.

The menu seemed very run-of-the-mill and the prices were OK (a little cheaper if you are a member). You order at the counter and it is delivered to your table. I ordered the seafood basket special of the day, which turned out to be a very generous serve of deep-fried items accompanied by a large serve of chips and a large but rather unimaginative salad. I'm not that fond of having all my food deep-fried so I guess I had been hoping that some of the seafood might not have been treated that way. I discovered later that there were some specials on the menu that might have been a bit more interesting although more expensive.

I went to the bar to get a beer and asked what they had in pale ales. The barman thought about it and then said "you know, I don't think we have any". I was a bit surprised as I've never had that response before. Clearly pale ales aren't popular at the Redcliffe RSL. Oh well, I had a cider instead.

So, an average sort of place with a great view!