“Always good”

The Rustic Olive
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Redcliffe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant serving traditional and modern cuisine. Pastas, Pizzas, Steak, Seafood, Risottos, Salads and more...with so much to choose from, its hard to have room for delicious coffees & desserts. BYO on the waterfront, come and see for yourself!
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Such a diverse menu and so many delicious choices. It is always packed so make sure you book. You wont be hungry after dining here and left overs the next day are still delicious!

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Came out for a nice birthday dinner without kids...booked here because we have been many times in the past but really wish we went elsewhere. Reef n Beef medium came out rare in the centre, so much blood it put me off my meal so my veal went to waste whilst I ate the side salad. Offered complimentary dessert which declined so they took entrees off, a big 11.50....still cost me 75 for two of the worst meals we have ever had here!!!!

2  Thank Rocca14
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We love The Rustic Olive, our only negatives is that it is very cramped, sometimes even the waiters have trouble getting to the tables. Food makes up for this though, if you're after a beautiful meal with a view we highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank beckyandrichie
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had our family pre- christmas get together here - 9 of us ages ranging from 18 - 81. We shared all plates: the yummy bread, pizzas and 3 large pastas - followed by dessert and coffee. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food which came at intervals - just the way we like it. It's BYO Wine. This is a VERY busy restaurant so please book. It's popular with groups so it is noisy - definitely not for a romantic occasion or if you want a quiet "tete a tete". We chose to sit outside. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food very good and there is a nice party atmosphere. We look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank MaggieB75
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Meeting locals for a night out who raved about this place we were keen to try it. This is a big restaurant with an inside area off the street front shopping strip and an adjoining pavement al fresco set up along the footpath and under clear covers. At 7.30pm on a Thursday it was packed close to capacity with mostly families. This place is casual as the attire of the patrons attested. Thongs and shorts aplenty and skankily garbed young girls.
The menu is vast with so many interpretations of dishes topped up with bacon, garlic, chicken breast and prawns and things mixed up you'd never find in a decent restaurant in Italy. The portions are huge which explains the waistlines and dietary habits of many of the punters. Between the four of us a variety of dishes were ordered with the pick being a pasta my wife had them delete the onion and bacon from. As the prawns it was supposed to come with already had been garlicked (a new verb!) they offered scallops instead hence that meal was light simple and the best. My pasta with cream and tomato although quite flavoursome and impressive in vastness of portion, was just a big blob of goup lacking any Italian panache. The service by young girls who are probably students by day was average. It was a very warm evening and the outside table pleasant. I asked for my bill about 4 times and in the end left the table and went inside to the register to pay. The noise inside the inner space would put me off seating there, then I realised I won;t ever be back to that venue. But still, acoustic control is a basic science and inexpensive way to make guests more comfortable.