“Sensational outlook! Fabulous food!”
Review of Reef Point Cafe - CLOSED

Reef Point Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern relaxed Australian food on the waterfront
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Reef Cafe is perfect if you enjoy getting away from the street front cafe's. it is located in a beautiful, peaceful, part of the coastline, off the Main Street area. Views of the bay towards the glasshouse mountains. Service is spot on. The food tasty, the menus offer all the favourite cafe choices with a few variations.
Coffee is excellent!
They have a area for people with dogs under a grand old tree. Away from the other tables.
It's a pleasant experience, on your own or with a group of friends.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Today Reef Point Cafe you did not impress me or the 9 people that I dined with. The comment was made by one of the ladies was since the cafe has got bigger the quality had slipped. That is not my gripe though. I ordered two coffees in a mug and another lady off my table ordered one coffee in a mug. When the older staff member (I can only think it was the same lady Sharon A encountered) brought 2 coffees to our table, one in a cup and one in a mug, I asked if there were anymore coming, seeing one was in a cup. Her response can only be described as outright rudeness. "I only have two hands" Yes, there are more coming, we are doing our best you know! He's making them as fast as he can" The second coffee came in a cup and another lady in my party said that I had ordered 2 coffees in a mug. Her response, "Well that's whats on the docket, I only do what I am told" No offer to look into it. Maybe someone should tell her then that this is not the way you treat customers if you want return business.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

With a lovely location, terrific food and delicious coffee, Reef Point is our favourite, close to home, cafe. Relaxed under the trees dining with music on the weekends, we regularly enjoy brunch. We particularly like the range on offer on the menu and it is a real pleasure when you find somewhere that knows how to make decent coffee. Strongly recommend you give it a try - but if you plan to visit on the weekend, make sure you book; word has got out!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went to Reef Point 9 months ago and it was great, great service, great food and great price - Not anymore - We stopped in on Sunday morning with our little dogs so decided not to sit in. Friendly service at the counter when ordering two standard take-away coffees and was told it would not be long. I then waited over 20 minutes whilst staff buzzed around me not worried that I was staning around for so long - I could see it was busy, but thought 20 minutes was far too long to wait. The lady who was making the coffee yelled my name, didn't apologise that it took so long and placed the coffees high on the counter and walked away. I make eye contact with he and mentioned politely that I thought 20 minutes was a little too long to wait for take-away coffees - Her reply was terrible - she threw her hands in the air and yelled at me and said 'what, you want me stop everything just for you lady' - I was simply horrified at her response. Never again will I be going back to this cafe. I hope the owner wakes up to themselves about the poor service they are giving and the high prices they charge.

2  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed October 23, 2013

So, I've been back to the Reef Point Cafe a few times now and, if anything, I believe it has improved. The staff were very helpful and courteous. We sat in comfortable chairs on the deck in the cool shade, enjoying a delicious lunch. Loved the Wagyu Burger with its chilli jam! We were having such a relaxing time, we decided to try some of the yummy looking desserts in the display cabinet. We settled on the Sticky Date Pudding and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake (see pics) - very nice. Perhaps the only thing I could suggest that needs improvement is the customer ordering system - it could be confusing to a newcomer with having to select a table before ordering. In between mains and desserts, we got up to order dessert and new customers inadvertently took our table. This is a minor issue, however, for it remains a delightful spot, and the food and service is great.