“A hidden gem!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern relaxed Australian food on the waterfront
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A lovely cafe that is tucked away in a great place. The food is a good standard for a cafe and the staff are very friendly. I love that you can take your dogs and water is provided for them. A toy bucket is also available for children. They cater for all dietary needs and its good value for money!! What more could you want!! Only open during the day which is more the pity!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I used to come to the Reef Point Cafe quite often with friends for coffee and cake, but stopped last year after we waited over 40 minutes for our coffees a couple of times, and the service seemed to be haphazard. It's a new year though, so fancying a breakfast out, I thought I would give them another try. There were quite a few people there, so obviously it is still very popular. The service this time was laid back but friendly. I ordered the Big Breakfast and a large flat white. Fifteen minutes from ordering I had my meal and coffee, both hitting the table at about the same time. Bravo! The Big Breakfast is certainly big! Lots of nicely cooked bacon, 2 eggs, 2 tomatoes, 2 little chippolata style sausages, 2 hash browns, 2 pieces of toast and sauteed mushrooms. Everything was well cooked except the mushrooms, which were quite overdone and I had a niggle with the eggs. One of the yolks was broken, but still served up. My feeling is that yolks are there to scoop up deliciously with your toast, and a broken one is a disappointment. Apart from that, no complaints. The price altogether of $22 was reasonable, the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed, the coffee was excellent, and they had Worcester sauce available, a big plus for me! The position of this place almost on the beach is enviable. I think that things have improved here, so I will be coming again. Note though, that this was a week day morning, so I cannot say what the place is like on the weekends when it is really busy.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went for lunch with my hubby. Loved the sea breeze and views. Certainly a hidden gem at Scarborough. Will bring my Mum back for morning tea. Staff were very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

this is only a small cafe on the waterfront. great position, managers Paul and Mandy are excellent hosts always willing to please, will go out of way to assist with dietary requirements. plenty of open area for chldren to play while close enough to be watched. great coffee open for breakfast and lunch. recommend highly to everyone.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've been here a few times and it's always been lovely - but today the service was terrible, staff were quite rude and the food was terrible, it was not edible - really disappointing!

1  Thank BrisbaneJamie