“Great seaside hotel”
Review of Oaks Mon Komo

Oaks Mon Komo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stay at the Mon Komo regularly and have stayed here on many occasions since its opening.

It is always clean, tidy and well presented, with the staff friendly and accommodating.

The hotel is modern with well appointed rooms. Located on the coast road, conveniently located in a picturesque location, close to dinning and shopping options.

Probably the best hotel option north of the city. Trust me I've tried them all.

The restaurant is great and there is also a bar and casual dining area facing the water.

Highly recommended if in town.

Room Tip: Water facing room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Bozz a, thank you for being a frequent guest at Oaks Mon Komo and for taking the time to write your review. I am very glad you always enjoy your stays with us and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you have an early flight out of Brissy. Easy 20-25 minute drive to the airport. Great location, easy access. Rooms are spacious, great balconies, beautiful Hotel. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times, always able to get an Ocean view. Great price too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Patty D, thank you for your review and I am very happy you always enjoy your stay with Oaks Mon Komo and our convenient location. i look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Lobby was lovely, staff were lovely, room was nice but oh dear ! the howling and screaming of the wind through any door or window opening was horrendous. Apparently this is a common problem when windy. You do get lots of wind on the coast so probably is a regular occurrence. We did get our 2 night upgrade to ocean view refunded but that was it. Got told to try putting towels on floor and opening the balcony doors slightly . Even trying to open the apartment doors was a hard work out as the wind force pushed against it. Then nightclub noise came in to the wee hours of the morning. No sleep for 2 nights due to the extreme noise from the wind. Spoke with many other clients and they all said the same thing. Definitely wont get a good review from me.

Room Tip: As far as i know there isnt one on a windy day. I heard no noise on the very top floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 61Traveller1957
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear 61Traveller1957, thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Oaks Mon Komo and I am sorry the wind caused you some distress, we try to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay,Occassionally the wind does come up from Moreton Bay, which we have no control over. I hope to see you return to Mon Komo one day..

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed one night with a partner in a single room apartment after a very hectic day at a wedding. The shower was large and powerful, the air-conditioning a cool dream and the bed/bedding incredibly comfortable. The massive windows gave a great view but white curtains meant a sleep-in was in a very bright room.

The day of our stay had been in a 3 bedroom apartment with a bridal party preparing for a wedding. The apartment was very, very well equipped and had ocean views. Among the chaos the room was comfortable and would be well worth staying in, especially with a larger group.

The staff were most helpful with anything we needed and room service friendly. I'd recommend for anyone seeking a bit of luxury while staying in Redcliffe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Thomas K, thank you for taking the time to write your review of Oaks Mon Komo, we are definitely the choice for wedding groups. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and also experienced the 3 bedroom apartment and agree they are a great size for a group get together. I hope to see you return to Oaks Mon Komo again very soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights in a studio room. I highly recommend staying in an apartment but I couldn't as there weren't any one bedroom apartments available. I was booked into the disabled room that doesn't have the pebble shower floor like the other rooms. I think I might of been booked into that room as it was the last available. This time I'm impressed by the cleanliness of my room the bed is so comfortable and smells fresh. The girl at check in was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Good to be back just a shame I couldn't get the one bedroom ocean view. The studio room is still nice and good value for money. Thanks again for a pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AussieBlake, I am glad you enjoyed you return visit to Oaks Mon Komo in a hotel suite, sorry we could not accommodate you in a one bedroom apartment. I look forward to you returning again very soon

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I got upgraded to a top floor giant 2 bedroom apartment. It was in excellent condition. Clean, well stocked, spacious indoor areas and a large oceanfront balcony with great views. Close to restaurants and the waterfront. Also a pretty good bistro restaurant on the waterfront in the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. I was very happy and will regularly stay here now when visiting my family and friends on the north side of Brisbane.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear NuNu 1980, thank you for taking the time to write your review of Oaks Mon Komo, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, the facilities and the service. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Very happy with my one night stay. I got an early check in and was very happy with the reception. It was a very hot day so the aircon worked very well. The bed was comfortable 2 singles made as a double. The only bad things were the howling sound from the wind coming under the door it was loud I put a towel under the door and that solved the problem. The floor was not cleaned properly still crumbs and hairs and it was greasy. The dining room table was also dirty also the dishwasher didn't work. Other then that the apartment was great and the view was perfect. Very modern and good quality indoor and outdoor furniture. Lots of lights some with dimmers. Full size fridge nice oven and gass cooktop. Plenty of secure underground parking available. This place is perfect I would of liked to stay longer. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for staying at OAKS Mon Komo and commenting highly of your stay. We are very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and would consider staying again. I also appreciate you highlighting the various housekeeping & maintenance issues found in your apartment. We do strive for a very high standard of service and it is a little dissapointing that the apartment has not been quite to standard on this occassion. Rest assured I have already followed this up with the housekeeping manager.

Thank you again for staying.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcliffe
LaVida on Anzac
Proximity Waterfront Apartments
Redcliffe Motor Inn
Redcliffe Motor Inn
#1 of 7 in Redcliffe

Been to Oaks Mon Komo? Share your experiences!