Oaks Mon Komo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
LaVida on Anzac(Redcliffe)(Great Value!)
$123
Agoda.com
$73
  • Beachfront
  • Spa
Brisbane International - Virginia(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$109
$73
Orbitz.com
$72
Bribie Waterways Motel(Bribie Island)
$87
$80
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsmon komoacross the roadocean viewbedroom apartmentrestaurant downstairstop floorlarge balconysettlement covedown stairsreception staffmoreton islandenjoy the viewan upgradelonger staycafes and restaurantsgreat apartmentthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were a little nervous about booking this hotel after a reading a couple of negative reviews. Only negative for us was a firm(ish) mattress; otherwise an excellent experience. At check-in we were given an ocean view upgrade to a fully self contained 1 br apartment, with all mod cons in this near new complex, and had a great time. Would be happy to stay again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth paying extra for, if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bren R
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you fro providing feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to here that we could accommodate a complimentary upgrade to a 1 bedroom ocean view apartment.
The apartments are designed with self catering in mind and we try to provide everything needed to enjoy your time with us.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

First impressions of this hotel is Amazing, beautiful entrance and foyer area and it has a bar, restaurant overlooking the stunning views of water and the parking area was huge and spacious. It's also close to Woolworths, Outback Jacks Bar & Grill and other shops.

As a family of 5 we booked a 3 bedroom unit as it was cheaper than having a 2 bedroom with a roll away bed. The layout for a 3 bedroom has a single entrance door, that goes into a small hallway (if that) that has 2 more secure swipe doors. One leading to the main 2 bedroom unit which had the kitchen, laundry and lounge and the other leads to a single studio type room. This suited us becuase we had all the rooms, but if we had only booked the 2 bedroom then we would have to share the entrance with strangers and from the comments previously it could have not worked out so good. To make it feel like we were not seperated from our children we had to prop the doors open with our shoes (no door stops were provided). Both units were spacious and we were only booked for 2 nights, so it was ok but if I had booked for longer we would have left early.

We were put on level 3 which was not high enough for a family with children as the party noise from the bar/club below carried on to the early hours and the boom, boom noise and yelling noises from drunk patrons was not good. I would have thought when we booked noting our childrens ages they would have put us up higher.

The towels were changed while we were out, but nothing else touched or topped up or cleaned.
The pool is not heated, its a cold water pool and the area is not private and is very close to the lower balcony areas of all the rooms facing the water so if you dont mind people staring at you then go for it.

We ate in the restaurant below the hotel, the food was great but its an open restaurant that has a open plan area to the lounge bar. The band they had, started their sound check which was loud, and when they started to play it was so loud we ended our meal, paid and got out of there...as we could not have a conversation while eating - we found ourselves yelling at each other.

The last thing I want to point out is that we had 2 unexpected visitors on our last night... cockroaches! Which I squashed and left for the staff to find when we left. On check out I went to tell the lady on reception but another couple enquiring about accommodation came in and I didnt want to say anything in front of them. Maybe I should have warned them...
Oaks - get the rooms fumagated and if families are booking put them up high to avoid the noise.

Room Tip: Family with children, ask for higher rooms to avoid noise from bar/club. Layout of 2 bedroom unit shares a common door and hall area. Only private if booking a 3 bedroom as you get both these rooms together.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LoLoJoe
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay.

In regards to allocating a higher floor, we do always try to accommodate every guest as best as possible. I’m sure you can appreciate the fact that everybody would like a high floor with an ocean view. When guests do get requests, we try to accommodate them where ever possible. On reviewing your booking, I can see that there were no such requests made.
Having said that, you do have a valid point about children occupying the room. I do believe moving forward that it may need to be something we should take into consideration, when allocating rooms. I can also confirm that we liaise with the owners & management of the bar frequently in regards to noise levels. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Yes you are correct in saying that the pool is not heated, we do not advertise this otherwise.

The comments about the cockroaches are quite disturbing. This is not acceptable. I can assure that I have taken immediate action to rectify this. The QLD Housekeeping Manager and Mon Komo Housekeeping Manager have been notified and this will be rectified with the highest of priority. This is definitely not a regular occurrence here at OAKS Mon Komo and it disappoints me greatly. I believe our house keeping team do a fantastic job maintaining the highest of standards for all guests.

Your feedback has definitely provided us with some valid points that we can use to improve our operation and service here at OAKS Mon Komo. While it is disappointing to receive negative feedback, I do appreciate you taking the time to provide comments from your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to OAKS Mon Komo in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but I do read them when planning a trip. Today I feel I have to write one as my stay at this hotel was less than pleasant. My husband and I had not pre booked this hotel as we were heading towards Brisbane at the end of a business trip and decided to stop in redcliffe last minute. Have stayed in redcliffe before at apartment just up the street to mon komo. I forget the name but we should of gone back there! However we have stayed at oaks many times and thought it was a no brainer. We were offered a two bed apartment or a hotel suite. We opted for the hotel suite. It was not a suite! It was a basic hotel room. Apparently it had a mini bar! A little fridge with a couple of milks in it is not a mini bar. It had a kettle however no where but an impossible bathroom sink to fill it up. It looked clean and modern and had plasma tv and
sound system and a huge modern shower room. There was absolutely no where to put any toiletries. No towel racks, that's proberly why the bed was loaded up with heaps of towels! The balcony was small and we were told this at check in but the the stupid rusty little table on it had a wobbly top which was so wobbly I couldn't use it. Keep reading cause I've just started. The worst part was we were put in a room 607 and it had an adjoining apartment 608. These two doors also shared a common door. This is where my nightmare really starts. There apparently was a lot of people in room 608 and they were EXTREMELY loud and they spent the WHOLE night going in and out of that room. The doors banged all night. Door one and door two. They were very noisy whilst going in and out of these two doors. Every time the doors were opened there was a vacuum which created another whooshing noise. This noise lasted until the pressure settle and then another CROWD of people would go through and it would start all over again. This went on ALL night. When we spoke to reception the following morning the girl told us that they did have a lot of people in that room and she had personally had to speak to them more than once and apologized. If they were aware of how bad 608 were, did they have no concern for our discomfort, obviously not. The bed was really uncomfortable and the pillow was naff but I think having ZERO sleep made me feel worst. Definately left unrested before our five and a half hour
flight. Oh and there was only one tiny little bathroom bin for all your rubbish! Who designed this place??

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy R
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your recent stay at Oaks Mon Komo. I can assure you that your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your stay has put a negative perception on our company’s product; we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. It is disappointing that we failed to provide this during your stay.

The issues presented are not indicative of the service we aim to provide, and we will take much from this case in efforts to further develop and improve the overall guest experience.

In regards to the continued noises coming from the other room, I will follow this up with out night audit, as we do have strict noise and party policy conditions implemented within the hotel. I do hope that you rang down to reception as we need all feedback possible at the time to try and maintain these restrictions.

In regards to your comments about the 'mini bar', we do not supply mini bar facilites here at OAKS Mon Komo, and do not advertise as such.
Since I have received this feedback, I have personally gone into a hotel suite to check the user friendliness of the kettle. I do agree that we may need to look at other alternatives, as the current style of kettle may not be sufficient for that style room. Thank you for highlighting this.

In the past I have received numerous comments in regards to how comfortable our bedding is here at Mon Komo. Guests have even gone as far as emailing/calling us to find out who makes the mattresses and pillows. It is unpleasant to hear that you found our bedding uncomfortable and can only hope that this was influenced by the noise coming from the neighbouring apartment.

It is not a pleasant experience to receive unfavourable feedback; however your comments serve as an invaluable source of information that will ensure we continue to improve our operation and service standards. While I am unable to alter matters of the past, I hope that we can make any future stays for favourable. We take your comments seriously and sincerely regret any upset caused to you during your stay.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a standard room, #1007, well sized room but without the usual provisions for storage; i.e. a place to unpack an average sized suitcase. Unpacking from floor level wasn’t the most comfortable way to do it. Eventually I discovered an undersized fold-up luggage stand in the wardrobe. The left side of the wardrobe had 2 hanging rails; the electric fuse box plus a fold-up 4-foot ironing board made it simply impossible to hang up a jacket etc. Access to the center section of the wardrobe was obstructed by the sliding doors – thus 2 out of 3 wardrobe portions were unusable. The desk was so narrow to just about hold the TV and the stereo set & DVD player. To get my 13’ laptop going I had to remove the TV and the stereo,but where to - there was no other surface to place them on. I moved the rusty round table from the very narrow balcony + a balcony chair into the room. Finally sitting down at the desk, the leg room width was narrower than a budget airline seat. Discomfort was further compounded by the fact that cables where hanging 15 cm down in front of me. The ultra small bedside tables featured oversized bedside lamps; the consequence was so little space, you couldn’t place a paperback or a mobile phone next to you.The same goes for the overall spacious bathroom. The ledge above the wash basin was so narrow, you can't even place a normal sized toiletry bag on it. By the way, the room door would not shut completely. And now to the next joke: The receptionist had earlier told me that I could charge meals to my room using the in-house restaurant. So I ordered a beer at the bar counter and wanted to charge it to my room. There are 2 cashier points at that side of the bar. Onefor cash payment the other one for in-house charge & self-service food orders - however it was out of order. In order to verify house guests printed lists are used. As I wasn't on their list, and the barman also was not able to verify that I had checked-in. I decided to order food from the same bar counter .this time a rather curt lady told me that for food I need to order it from yet another cashier point .I followed her, she then simply walked away and.another waitress re-directed me to the very first counter.only to be told again that this was the wrong counter for ordering food. By then my appetite was gone. I did voice my impressions that first evening to the receptionist who had checked me in, and she offered to change me next day to a larger room/apartment. I gracefully declined - .going by the experiences of my standard room I had no confidence in any larger room. Next morning, another receptionist enquired about my premature check-out, and I gave a her a synopsis of my several reasons for it. This lady was not only defensive to the extreme, she kept interrupting me and she also said that I was offered a room change the night before which is simply not true. She also told me that there are no facilities to charge drinks/meals at the restaurant to the room, as the restaurant was NOT part of the hotel – again in total conflict to the information received upon check-in. It appears to me that both management and owners know very little about guests’ needs and basic functional requirements.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Michael P

Thank you for providing feedback from you stay at OAKS Mon Komo.

It is disappointing to read that your time here provided you with such a negative experience.

In regards to the issues with the room, I can confirm that the room type offered was the room type booked. If there were any additional requirements or specific needs, we would have been more than happy to accommodate you accordingly at the time of booking.

I can also confirm that on the night in question the receptionist did offer you an alternate room option. We are always happy to offer assistance where possible if a guest is dissatisfied with their accommodation. On this particular night, our occupancy did allow you the option of an upgrade, where there would have been sufficient facilities to put you luggage and laptop. It is unfortunate that you did decline this offer. I can also confirm that the receptionist even made contact with your booking agent (on a Saturday night) to confirm that we could offer you a room move immediately.

I cannot respond specifically on your comments about the service at the bar, as OAKS Mon Komo & the Mon Komo Hotel are two completely separate run businesses. Your remarks have been passed onto the owners and management of the bar. Having said that, we do offer a charge back facility with them, and have done so since the day we opened. While I will follow up with the staff member in question that apparently said we do not offer this service, I do believe that this may have just been a break down in communication. As mentioned, this is a service we provide to all guests and all staff are fully aware of this facility.

While it is never favourable to receive negative feedback, I can assure you that we take all comments seriously. We are here to provide all guests will the best experience possible and your comments will serve us with valuable information moving forward to offer the best product possible.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I had 2 nights in Oaks Mon Komo Redclifffe in May. We had a one bedroom apartment with an ocean view and view of settlement cove. The unit was clean, modern,and well maintained. We found staff to be very friendly.
Located in the heart of Redcliffe with shops and restaurants at your door step and walks along the esplanade immediately across the road.
The balcony was enormous with tables and chairs for dining and a comfortable lounge suite for sitting back with a glass of wine and watching the sunset.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view-ask for a balcony overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking ther time to comment on your stay at OAKS Mon Komo. We appreciated your favourable remarks about the apartment and staff. The 1 bed ocan view apartments definitely offer a great view of Moreton bay and the surrounding area and sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine, watching the sunset sounds like a perfect way to end the day.

Thanks again for staying. We look forward to seeing you again at OAKS Mon komo.