“Right on the Beach - fantastic setting on a nice clear day!”
Review of Sails Restaurant

Sails Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 93 Restaurants in Redcliffe
Cuisines: European, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I live locally and dine here with my Wife for Breakfast regularly. Having been in the Hotel/ Resort industry for many years we are quite hard to please. I would say Sail Restaurant is above average quality for the Peninsular in general.

The breakfast menu is good with healthy options and the food is well presented and not dripping with oil like some other places around. They have changed tier service technique recently and you now have to order at the outer but I don't think this is a major problem. Some people might prefer table service for the price but it is a good way of keeping staff costs down in an ever increasing market.

The Waitresses are pleasant and the location is superb right on the Beach. It is fantastic for Breakfast.

The only thing that could be done is to put some rubber stops on the bottom of the legs of each chair as when people dragg the chairs across the concrete they are very noisy and it takes away from the morning serenity.

2  Thank DKI-Res
There are newer reviews for Sails Restaurant

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here in December 2011 and again in December 2012 and our experiences were very different.

December 2011 we were greeted with exceptional service and delicious food however when we returned 12 months later we got staff who treated us like we were a nuisance, a pub style ordering system and mediocre food.

Every time we wanted a drink, we had to line up and pay for one rather than ordering freely and settling the bill at the end of the night.

I wouldn't waste my time or money returning and that's a shame because we got engaged at this restaurant.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Save your money, dine elsewhere..............I cannot believe this is the same place that used to serve fantastic food! It's really gone downhill!

Expensive pub food.........with very average service.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went for lunch with friends before Christmas, they raved about it so my expectations were high but unfortunately although it was just ok, I thought it was over priced for what I ordered being fish and chips. I would have paid half that amount for with probably twice as much at the local fish and chip shop, we had to line up, there was no table service, and my order after repeating it to the waitress at the counter was stuffed up, and when she gave me my food and I asked her where my sauce was, she apologised and I assumed was getting it for me but I waited so long that I had to get up and chase it down myself....of course there was no apology. Yeah wont be rushing back to this place, far nicer similar restaurants near where we live than making the effort to drive south to Redcliffe.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went here for a wedding. Enjoyed great food with an even better view out of the function room window at night time with the lights of Brisbane Port in the distance, while closer we could see down the esplanade