Waltzing Matilda Motel
LaVida on Anzac(Redcliffe)(Great Value!)
$123
$73
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Spa
Brisbane International - Virginia(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$109
$73
Orbitz.com
$72
Bribie Waterways Motel(Bribie Island)
$87
$80
  • Pool
Aspley Pioneer Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Hotels.com
All reviewsacross the roadthin wallsbasic accommodationqueen bedfamily roomgreat spotmoreton bayrepairboardwalkfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for only 1 night. The reception was very untidy and looked as though it hadn't been vacumed for a long time. We were told our room wasn't ready so we had to wait for 15 mins, we came back and still was not ready, waited another 30mins, came back and it was ready but there were some electrical problems. Also the key to our room would not fit so the man had to get some keys cut which was going to take about 20 mins. My friend and I came back later that night and our room was locked but no key. The owner looked very unprofessional and unkept. But, he did refund our money & tried to find other hotels in the area. Piece of advice: Find somewhere else

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The motel has obviously had no serious maintenance in decades and is waiting for the demolition to begin. I have stayed in many an older motel and found them very satisfactory while travelling but they had decent showers, decent bedding and secure locks. Everything including the linen was as old and threadbare as the building. When I pulled back the bedspread and saw the greasy stain on the pillow any thoughts I had of staying went and I made a hurried exit. Needless to say I could not find any manager to discuss a refund as I had prepaid for two nights - which emphasises how bad I felt about staying there as it made my trip to see family so much more expensive. The person answering the reception, while pleasant, had no english and had to be guided through the process of giving me a receipt for the return of my room key.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Where to start? Broken TV, broken fridge, no kettle. Sheets stank, there was no way I was going to allow my son to sit on the beds. Curtains had holes in them and were on broken rods. Front door handle loose, no other form of lock. Huge gap under back door. Guest laundry was accessed by climbing over a pile of half car parts. Laundry was a washing machine with no lid and a dryer half hanging off the wall, both $5 a load. There was rubbish and filth and mould everywhere and I took photo's and reported them to the health department. I went over their heads to get a refund. Would NOT recommend this to my worst enemy!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KathleenGaza
Waltzing M, Front Office Manager at Waltzing Matilda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Your room was checked after you had checked out. We found the room had just been renovated! Freshly painted, new carpet, new fixtures and all lights worked. Waltzing Matilda Motel stands to a strict cleanliness policy. All rooms are non-smoking and there is an $800 charge if any pets (dogs) are permitted into a room.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've been going to that motel now for three years for at least 4 days every month.
So thats over 100 times i have stayed there.
Never once have i been attacked by lice or fleas or seen a rat or even a roach.
I did see a geko once eating ants near the pool but thats it!!!
This motels biggest sin is its age. I see the new owner is putting money into the place but he aint got much to work with. The front rooms are better than the rear ones and the price reflects this. A draw back is the design of the motel. Cars drive into the middle to park then people who think they are the center of the universe start yelling and banging car doors and boots. The noise echos around badly.
I spend about 20 days a month in motels and ive seen far far worse than the waltzing matilda I recently had to pay $100 for one night in a motel in country NSW that only had a double bed, a chair and a sink with a cold tap only. I just hardened up.

Room Tip: Get the front rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Seems like a quaint little motel from the street, however upon getting into our room, my partner and I soon discovered that half the taps didn't work. Within an hour of having been in the room, the both of us became insanely itchy and, the next day broke out into welts and rashes.

The room looks untidy and unkempt and very old facilities. Even at $80 a night, I have stayed in far far better places.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Nick P

Your room was checked after you had checked out. We found the room had just been renovated! Freshly painted, new carpet, new fixtures all lights worked and a new mattress.
You called and said only one person had irratable skin conditions and you said you had a skin condition that could be effected by weather or pollen all the time.