“Terrible Phone Service”

Redvue Luxury Apartments
Brisbane
“Terrible Phone Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I phoned this company to make a booking and the man on the phone was very short and rude. They were booked out which is understandable, however when I asked if he could recommend anywhere close by (as I am not familiar with the area) he cut me off half way, spoke abruptly and hung up on me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jana V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gwandalan
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a 1o hour road trip I arrived to a room that would be the filthiest I have had to stay in had I not arrived so late I would have seeked alternative accomodation anywhere else.The room has no toilet paper,soap towel or anything else you may need cutlery was left on the floor the bathroom has not been cleaned & the whole room stinks.Do not bother to ring the after hours number as no one will answer (I rang at 8.30pm) stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Michael H

Travelers are raving about these Redcliffe hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were a bit apprehensive due to some of the reviews posted earlier. We were given a friendly welcome at the desk. Check in was easy. The apartment had great views from the 6th floor.
The room was clean and everything offered was provided. The location is perfect quite close to the lagoon and within walking distance of the shops. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Netabob
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visit this area a lot for work and usually stay at the Mon Komo. This trip that hotel was fully booked so I was booked into the Redvue. I was a little apprehensive based on some of the reviews.
I can see the check in being a little 'difficult' for some as it closes at 6pm. The guy at the counter certainly isn't an inspiring type, but got the job done.
The rooms are pretty nice. No obvious issues. I was curious about some of the reviews mentioning soap.....And yes I had 2 bathrooms an 1 tiny piece of soap.....Funny at the time!
Other than that it is a serviced apartment. Some people cant grasp that concept. It IS different to a hotel. I was happy overall and would stay again (if Mon Komo was full)

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bozz a
Sydney
Reviewed May 12, 2013

After a very long 12 hour drive from Sydney we were so happy to arrive at our destination. It looked beautiful, across from the beach, perfect location for everything.
The guy at the front desk was a little bit abrupt, however, he informed us that we had the best room in the hotel for the next week and a bit of our stay.

Much to our surprise, upon entering the Penthouse, we assumed that they gave us the incorrect keys to a room as it looked like people were still staying there. The floors were all marked and filthy, with dirt and food crumbs on the floor. The bathroom had urine stains all along the bottom of the toilet and on the floor, and as my 2 year old needed to go to the toilet, we noticed poo stains in the toilet!! with not even a new toilet roll. The shower had soap scum along the glass and tiles. Hair was on the floors and the room had a dirty feel and old smell.
We did inform the man downstairs about our room, he contacted the people who run the cleaning company. When they arrived, the were utterly disgusted in the state our room had been left in. They roughly wiped over the toilets and benches and promised us that our room would be thoroughly cleaned while we were out the following morning attending the Funeral. Upon returning our room had not been touched. It took another phone call and a visit to the man downstairs to get something done.

It was such a disappointment, as this was our only option for accomodation as we were driving up for our Father/Grandfathers funeral which was located nearby.

We would certainly not recommend these apartments to anyone, and if this is your one and only option, inspect your room prior to paying.

Room Tip: Penthouse is a great size, however, DO NOT PAY until room is inspected!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah G
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had 3 bedroom apartment and it was great. The old fault I would say it that we did not have enough soap provided. Pool was cold though even though it was heated but it did not matter too much as we were so close to the beach and the parks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank REC1965
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having decided last minute to spend a night away from home( but not travel too far) we booked into Redvue as they had one 3brm waterfront apartment left. I have stayed here before 2 years ago and knew the position was great and the units were big, modern and look across the beautiful moreton bay to moreton island. Perfect for drinkies while watching the sun go down. Unfortunately when we arrived our welcome was far from warm, more robotic. Imagine our disappointment to walk into our apartment to find it untidy. The floor had not been swept or mopped, the tables had marks all over the glass, the stove still had food spills, there was still left over food in the freezer from the previous guest - YUK! The lovely large patio had cigarette ash all over it. But to top it off, there was not one cake of soap in either bathroom!! No little milk in the fridge, 2 dried up coffee sachets and 2 old looking teabags & 2 wrinkly sugar sachets.The bath plug did not fit-uesless. After tidying up myself a bit, we did get to enjoy the views and our time together alone, but I would never come back. I would suggest to view your room before paying. I didn't because I had stayed before and was pleased with our apartment, this time not so much!

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront and ask to view the room before paying.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple