“Disappointing!!”

Redvue Luxury Apartments
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having decided last minute to spend a night away from home( but not travel too far) we booked into Redvue as they had one 3brm waterfront apartment left. I have stayed here before 2 years ago and knew the position was great and the units were big, modern and look across the beautiful moreton bay to moreton island. Perfect for drinkies while watching the sun go down. Unfortunately when we arrived our welcome was far from warm, more robotic. Imagine our disappointment to walk into our apartment to find it untidy. The floor had not been swept or mopped, the tables had marks all over the glass, the stove still had food spills, there was still left over food in the freezer from the previous guest - YUK! The lovely large patio had cigarette ash all over it. But to top it off, there was not one cake of soap in either bathroom!! No little milk in the fridge, 2 dried up coffee sachets and 2 old looking teabags & 2 wrinkly sugar sachets.The bath plug did not fit-uesless. After tidying up myself a bit, we did get to enjoy the views and our time together alone, but I would never come back. I would suggest to view your room before paying. I didn't because I had stayed before and was pleased with our apartment, this time not so much!

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront and ask to view the room before paying.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LeanneRog

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location for a holiday at Redclife. With ocean views we had a corner 2 bedroom apartment that looked north (apartment 32). At night it was a beautiful site. The apartment was spacious with all amenities required. It was clean and the reception staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sunshinecoastgirl
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in a two bedroom apartment with my 8.5 month old baby for two nights. The apartment was beautifully furnished and had plenty of room. It did have a sewage odour throughout for our entire stay.

The owner of the apartment (Steve) was accommodating of my baby and was helpful, although smelt strongly of alcohol when I checked in. Also, while he did provide a porta cot for use, he did not go to the effort of setting it up for us like every other serviced apartment/hotel has (we have travelled a lot with our baby). I didn't see him for the rest of our stay. Another man in his late 40's/early 50's was in his place for the remainder of the time - I recognised who he was in previous reviews. He was abrupt and appeared bothered when he had to provide service. He was accompanied by another lady servicing the front desk who was far more pleasant.

Disappointingly, there was no room service. Given the price, I took for granted there would be room service. The bins were overflowing after our two night stay. I had to ask for extra dishwashing detergent as only enough for one wash was provided. When I mentioned that the room service skipped our room, the aforementioned lady told me that no room service was available as it was a 'self-catered apartment'. I have stayed in this type of accommodation in the past and have always had basic room service provided. I asked if the lack of room service was mentioned on their website (my husband booked my room so I had not seen the website at that point) and she said it was likely alluded too on there. I have since checked the website and cannot see any mention of there being no room service.

The apartment was neat, but not particularly clean in the living area.

Unless the service improves, I would not return to Redvue Apartments. It's a shame because Redvue is in a wonderful location and has great potential.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KKevan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed in the Penthouse with a few girlfriends for the weekend and found it to be of a very high standard.It was very comfortable, relaxing and beautifully decorated. The Penthouse had some great lighting features, plenty of room, everything you need during your stay and a great outdoor entertainment area!! The location was great with just a short walk to the water and some fantastic resturants. We had no problem with the car space or front reception. The Penthouse will not disappoint!!

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse as it is well worth a few extra $$$.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We booked this apartment as it was out of the city and stated they provided "24 hour check in". I was flying into Brisbane airport at 9pm and assumed we would be abit late, as flights tend to be delayed, so organized to have a key put out. Manager was less then welcoming, hanging up when we called and "woke him up", and made sure we knew of his displeasure the next day upon check out (as if I asked for my flight to be delayed on purpose...). If you are going to be rude when customers check in after hours, especially after long delayed flights, don't advertise "24 hour check in". Simple.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank ALK_289
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights in the Penthouse unit. It was absolutely fantastic, we had 4 adults and 4 children and the unit was spacious enough to sleep all occupants. The unit was decorated to the highest standard coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge with icemaker, large television and well equipped kitchen. The back deck was huge and excellent to sit back and relax on the outdoor lounge. I highly recommend this unit to families.

Room Tip: Penthouse has 4 bedrooms so can easily accomadate two families and share the cost.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Nicely decorated! The guy @ front reception acted like we had interrupted him @ something important when we arrived & was rude & told me & my much older friend no wild parties like we had time or energy being in a work trip! 8 light bulbs blown, power points that didnt work & bugs!!!! In my pillow!!!! Crap car park that u really needed a mini to park in & dangerously slippery tiles in front entrance & lifts have wh&s seen this place!!! Oh & water pressure was crap! Took me over half an hour to shower & wash my hair! One roll of toilet paper that was sí covered in dust & fluff would have sued if i got a UTI!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Stacey L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcliffe
LaVida on Anzac
Beach House Bed & Breakfast
Scarborough Beach Resort
Scarborough Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in Scarborough

Been to Redvue Luxury Apartments? Share your experiences!