“Riviera B&B, Gilstone Qld Australia”
Review of Riviera B&B

Riviera B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Nerang B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2012

A beautiful setting in the bush with very hospitable hosts, wonderful accommodation, dog friendly, beautiful bird life on the outside deck with lovely French breakfasts and dinners! Hosts Caroline and Robert bend over backward to make your stay memorable and enchanting. Lovely peaceful, lush and green surrounds and the pool is an extra bonus to relax one's mind and body. There is lots to see and do in the neighbouring surrounds - waterfalls and tropical bushland.I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: One ensuite available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed, along with our baby boy, at the Riviera B&B as a bit of a getaway weekend. We loved the accommodation, so pretty & comfortable. Caroline was so friendly & warm from the moment we arrived & we felt really welcomed. Some people just have a real heart for hospitality & Caroline is one of those people!! Our room was beautiful (& easily fitted a portacot for bubs!!) & the whole environment was just gorgeous. The breakfasts were amazing & so generous (French crepes, homemade lemon sauce, freshly squeezed juice - YUM!!!) & Caroline even let us take some of the crepes with us as we couldn't fit it all in!! On Saturday evening we all enjoyed Robert's beautiful 3 course French dinner on the verandah overlooking the pool & bushland. It was hard to go home from this wonderful retreat experience!! We are recommending the Riviera to anyone who will listen - this place shouldn't be kept a secret! We were so blessed by our stay. Many thanks!!

Room Tip: The room right near the common room was a great one to stay in - had an ensuite bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I booked this accomodation because my wife and myself wanted to take our new pup Lily Marlene with us and because of the style of the property and the French connection. Our hosts Caroline and Robert were just great and the other people staying made this short break like a gathering of friends. The French style meals prepared by Robert were great and brought back many memories of my time working in Paris and visiting relatives in Provence. The aussie wild life in the area and walks with Lily were equally enjoyable. Lily had a great time being looked after by Caroline when we had to escape to a function and the obligatory shopping.

My wife and I plus Lily look forward to a longer stay soon.

· By dataedge from Caves Beach on 25/10/2011 for a stay in 7-9/10/2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was wary booking a B&B as have never stayed in one before. I wasnt sure how much privacy we would have, but I shouldnt have worried. Caroline & Robert, the hosts were charming and we enjoyed their company, albeit we only stayed a couple of days. The accommodation was lovely and more than adequate. We had our own bathroom, close to our room and it was very private even though there were other couples staying there. The B&B had all those little touches that make it very appealing. The surrounds were lush, with plenty of birds and late at night my partner saw wallabies.
I would recommend, and am sure overseas guests would love it, a slice of australian, with a french twist. We wouldnt hesitate to stay again at Riviera. Christine and Robert

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I were in Australia for a short 11 day holiday from England and were looking for a quite relaxing place to stay away from the Gold Coast; we had hoped to find a comfortable, privately owned B&B in a rural location ideally with character and charm. We certainly found it during our recent visit to the Riviera B&B near Mount Tambourine.

The house is a lovingly restored old Queenslander-style building set in an extensive garden in the heart of a wildlife conservation area. Meals were served on the elevated veranda overlooking the pool and grounds with all the trees and an abundance of tropical birds. The whole set-up was absolutely charming, as indeed were the hosts.

Our hosts, Caroline and Robert were wonderfully attentive and welcoming and did everything they could to ensure we had a lovely stay with them. This also included some wonderful French meals lovingly prepared by our Robert. My wife I both agree that his omelette was the best we had ever tasted and his crepe suzette was to die for. Our room was located on the ground floor with it’s own en-suite bathroom was very comfortable and charmingly decorated in a French theme.

Every morning during breakfast on the veranda we watched sulphur crested cockatoos and rainbow lorikeets feeding a just a few metres away.

On one afternoon when we returned from a trip we saw a pair of wallabies on the lawn.

Two things that we would particularly recommend whilst in the area is the mountain top spa “On Eagle Wings” in Mudgeeraba. and also the horse riding at the Numinbah Valley Adventure Trails.

The Friday night special starlit spa was tastefully carried out starting with a welcoming glass of pink champagne and a warm bubbling spa. We were the only people there and the whole experience was wonderful. I had a massage during and my wife had a facial which she said was the very best that she had ever had. The evening rounded off seated on the terrace looking up at a perfect starry night and an incredible view sipping mugs of hot Belgium chocolate, dipping into a chocolate fondue and nibbling a selection of all beautifully and tastefully prepared French cheese and biscuits. The emphasis of the whole experience was absolute attention to detail. We enjoyed it so much we went back for a final "ndulgence" the afternoon before our long flight back to England. We also had the afternoon tea which was a perfect end to a lovely day.

The horse riding at the Numinbah Valley Adventure Trails. The stables are located on working cattle farm and the escorted rides are through the hills, bushland and creeks. I am an experienced rider, but my wife was a complete beginner. The horses we were given suited our ability perfectly. The saddles were the most comfortable we had every used. We both had the most fantastic time there and would certainly go again. Half way through the 3 hour ride we stopped by a creek to rest the horses and the guides produced hot “BillyTea” and damper. I would recommend riding in the morning as it is slightly cooler then. Olivia was an excellent guide.

The only thing that did slightly mar our stay at the Riviera B&B was the disappearance of our bottle of champagne which we had been given upon arrival in Australia by the MD of a company that we were visiting in Brisbane. It had been in a fridge near our room on the ground floor. We had given up our en-suite room to facilitate an all-female wedding party who were staying at the B&B for just one night and wanted all of the ground floor rooms.

Of course we had no idea who took the bottle of champagne and of course no one admitted it. Apart from the wedding party who occupied the ground floor, the only other guests staying in the B&B that night were a teetotal couple from Taiwan and ourselves. The night the champagne went missing my wife and I and the couple from Taiwan were occupying rooms on a different level of the building, however the champagne was discovered missing the following morning after the wedding party had left. Of course this is all purely a coincidence. It is just rather disappointing really.

Apart from the incident with the missing champagne, we loved it there and will certainly be back again.

Thank you for a lovely relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: The downstairs room with the en-suite bathroom was quiet, cool and very private.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter&Alison
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Riviera Bed & Breakfast is a great location to base for visits to the Hinterland and Gold Coast alike. Its only 14km from Robina shopping centre which is the largest in on the Gold Coast. Try the Greek restaurant near the cinema at Robina! Breakfast was very nice at Riviera espeically with the sounds of birds and greenery all around. Relaxing location and very clean. The owners were wonderful and a joy to meet. I would reccomend staying here for a change from the business of the coast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flexhollywood
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We really enjoyed our visit at this lovely converted Queenslander in its extensive garden surrounds on the edge of the tropical rainforest. French cuisine on request, tropical birds in abundance, large swimming pool and memorable open air breakfasts in the autumn sunshine on the elevated balcony. An unusually attractive, yet moderately priced B&B, in the Gold coast Hinterland. Not to be missed!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riviera B&B? Share your experiences!