“Unexpected delight”

French Hot Bread
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Maryborough
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Eat - in bakery with superb beestings, jamaican tarts and a variety of bakery items including pies and a range of hot foods. Excellent products - not expensive. Surprising find in the middle of Maryborough
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

What an unexpected delight in the centre of town. Open on a Sunday afternoon as well. Awesome range of both sweet and savoury creations all at reasonable prices. Friendly staff and plenty of room to dine in if not in a hurry.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I am so happy hubby and i found this little bakery! It's our new favourite stop over on trips up north. It's not hard to find, and an easy detour when traveling on the Bruce Highway. I first noticed how clean and neat the food displays were and how fresh the food look. I am very particular about this when stopping for food when on the road.
They have a lot of variety of hot foods, pies, savoury bread, sushi, paper wraps and desserts. I am so glad i followed one of the reviews on here and tried their Bee Sting. My hubby's eyes went wide after his first bite! I have not seen him have so much delight in a dessert in a long time! I love my desserts 'not so sweet', and this Bee Sting was spot on! I want to find the recipe after i tasted it!!
I also had their Chicken paper rolls...ooohhhh...i had to buy another pack to take home! And after i finished my take away, i wished i bought more! The best i've had so far in Australia. We are so looking forward to coming back to Hot French Bread!!
Oh and the staff are lovely..so cheery! Food is affordable too!

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I come here regularly for lunch, and it's always so tasty! The food is made fresh and the rice paper rolls are really yum! Don't forget to grab a sweet on the way out, they are very good too! The customer service is always a 10/10. I will always keep coming back!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is a real gem. Great coffee and lots of choice for breakfast. Sweet and savoury. We had toasties and cinnamon bun while eying off the smoothies, fresh juices, fresh bread and lots of great food you would find at a French Vietnamese bakery. It was a nice find in a quiet town.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My south Australian mother, of partial German descent, once worked in a bakery, saving to go to Europe with every other Australian that had the need to escape australia of the sixties. Mum taught me to identify a good bee sting. And Mama Mia this is it. Hubba Hubba. I must confess the bee sting I had in Munich was a let down but I was suffering from double pneumonia (yet to be diagnosed) at the time and backpacking through the hell that is a early German winter. The first time I had these guys bee stings I had to go back and tell them how good it was.

I just had breakfast with coffee, bacon, eggs, and toast. Perfect. $8.30

You can buy Vietnamese rice rolls, sushi, sausage rolls, mad sandwiches - all fab.

My only complaint is you can't come here for dinner. Trust me when it's 8pm and you are trying to find healthy in Maryborough you know why this is a problem.