Spent the best part of the weekend here and it found it to be a really mixed bag depending on what you did.
*the beer garden is huge and has lots of tables but they aren't packed in so you don't have to worry about feeling like you're sitting on top of anyone
* the view is fantastic and its probably the best place in Karumba Point to watch the sunset
* on the Sunday afternoon about 3:30pm we all wanted cake but the kitchen was closed. However we were advised that we could bring in cake or ice cream purchased elsewhere.
* the foods not cheap, even for a pub. You can cop this if the fiod was good, but its unacceptable when the food is bland
* the service can be slow and locals seem to be served first
* there's a lack of consistency with the pricing, paid three different prices for a can of coke on Saturday, all within 40 cents of each other but still, which price is it?
I had the Barramundi and Chips for dinner on Saturday and the fish was amazing. In fact it was so big I couldn't get trough it all, which was good because the salad that came with it was pretty much the white part of a cos lettuce and a lot of Spanish onion.
For lunch on the Sunday I had the Prawn and Oyster platter. The prawns were very substandard to the point of being bland and whilst the oysters were nice, they were very gritty so I rinsed them and then they were fine.
I'd go again for the drinks and view but not for the fresh seafood.