“Not as bad as people are saying”

Great Wall of Yum Cha
Ranked #254 of 318 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I visited here with family during the evening. There were six in the party, four adults and two children.
We were made to feel very welcome, the staff were friendly and the children enjoyed choosing off the sushi train.
The adults order from the hot menu, the food was delivered to the table quickly and was hot, tasty and fresh.
Drinks were made by hand ie, fresh squeezed orange juice and an iced tea.
The meal was good value for money and I would definitely recommend here and I would visit again.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant at 8pm looking for dinner after a long day. Their must be at least 3 menus plus a sushi train that serves both Japanese and Chinese goodies.
We enjoyed the experience and found a couple of fabulous items that brought us back when we were next in ipswich. The staff were friendly and obliging and it's certainly an interesting restaurant.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

So disappointed with my experience here. Ordered seared scallops and seared salmon and it was cold as if it had just been put under the grill. I then dared to order dumplings- such a mistake. I want my $20 back!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Went here with my sister on a Saturday night at 7:30, there was only 2 other people in the restaurant, so not a great sign. The waitress was friendly and quick to serve us, and explain the specials for the day etc.

My sister has a prawn allergy, so we asked if the fried rice had prawns in it (it does) but the waitress said it would be no problem to make one special without prawns. We ordered some steamed bbq pork buns and had some stuff from the train too. The steamed bbq pork buns were really nice, but the rest of the food was just adequate. The problem was the fried rice. It appeared to have no prawns in it, until we were about 3/4 of the way through when I found half a prawn. Luckily my sister's allergy isn't severe, she only gets hives not anaphylactic shock, but if you have an allergy stay away. The waitress was very apologetic, but the cook didn't even care, just shrugged, mumbled sorry and walked away. They clearly have no care or any food hygiene and safety practices in place.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We went to this place as a taxi driver was advising .. somewhere like sushi train with one owner and staff . Firstly, I thought this is a Chinese restaurant. Then the music most are Vietnamese. The food is just only like something you make for your kids as a fun day .. I mean I can make sushi , does not mean I can open a sushi restaurant. The sushi here is not too bad, only when you are really hungry, you can still eat it . like 3/10 , cause sushi is some kind of food that required very much at skills. Something like art . Not just something only for filling your belly. Yumcha was not reall got neither. Hot foods are cold . Only good is the lovely staff who always smiles as friendly as helpful when you need any..