Metro Hotel Ipswich International
$107
$120
$99
  • Pool
Best Western Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$98
$93
Agoda.com
$89
$86
$66
$63
Springfield Lakes Hotel(Springfield Lakes)
$155
$146
Hotels.com
Quest Springfield Central(Springfield Central)
$128
$113
  • Fitness center
Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Pool
Darra Motel & Conference Centre(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$84
$82
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar and restaurantroom was cleancentral locationcomfortable hotelbuffet breakfastunderground parkingpleasant staystay there againgood sizean easy walkstaff were very friendlylate checkoutthe air conditioningenjoyed my staycentre of townfirst impressionone bedroom apartment
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was back in my hometown for a three-day weekend to attend a reunion. I travelled alone and wanted a central spot. The Metro was perfect. It was quiet and extremely convenient to town, everything you need is within an easy walk. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There are a few niggles such as pump pack soap and shampoo and no free wifi (but seriously does anyone who travels these days not at least have 3G). I only saw one staff member in my entire stay and that was at check in which was fast and no hassle. I'll leave others to debate the merits of Ipswich as a travel destination but if you're looking for a travel resort perhaps you need to consider not just another hotel but a different locality. However, if you are visiting Ipswich and need somewhere to stay at a reasonable price I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel....

Room Tip: A room on the top floor at the front of the hotel (facing away from the CBD) will ensure a quiet stay....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank smallg
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean and modern. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to excellent restaurants and attractions. Bed was comfortable. My wife and I would definitely stay again when traveling to Ipswich.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dshirvo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The problem with the Metro is its location - Ipswich. This is really an outer suburb of brisbane trying desperately to be a city but the reality is that outside of business hours no-one is there. The place is a ghost town with the old vim and vigour of the city centre (I grew up there 40 years ago) given over to those who inhabit the mega shopping centres and more exciting locations.

The hotel is very nice, the staff were friendly and efficient, the breakfast menu was interesting and food of high quality, You just don't want to be there unless you have to!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BMJAK
Ted4305, Manager at Metro Hotel Ipswich International, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I am so pleased that you choose Metro Hotel Ipswich International while you were in Ipswich. We are always grateful when guests take the time to share feedback. I will ensure the team get your views on what they control the service and quality at the the Hotel. When you do need to return be assured a friendly welcome awaits you.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip. Staff were polite enough, but could have been a little more engaging. WiFi was not free. It was a 30 degC day and the Air Conditioning was not yet put into service...made for a hot and uncomfortable night. The rooms were clean and functional, and insulation between rooms was not as one would expect - I could hear both of my neighbours. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate. The price point was ok, but I reckon that one could do better.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PDMM_Gourmands

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We will carefully evaluate your comments to see what can be done better in the future, our only goal is to continually improve.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Metro on business. The check-in was quick and efficient. The room was on the forth floor, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fine, the bar was good and the lamb shanks from the restaurant were great value and superb. The staff I had contact with were all very easy to communicate with and friendly. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trev S
Ted4305, General Manager at Metro Hotel Ipswich International, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Spooku2

I am always pleased to receive feedback when my guests stay and especially when I able to relate the positive comments back to my Team. The new restaurant menu is proving very popular and the Lamb shanks are the most popular item, so you did choose well although I believe the feedback has been positive for all items.

Thank you for taking the time to give us you feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit Ipswich

Ted Matthews