“my favourite Thai place”
Review of Thai Emperor

Thai Emperor
Ranked #20 of 315 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2018

I have been eating or ordering from there for about 4 years now. The place is small and busy all the time, no wonder, the food is cooked beautifully. It is definitely my favourite Thai place.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We frequently have dinner at this restaurant and always choose the roast duck which is enough for two and always delicious with fresh vegetables and delicious sauce. Have also tried stir fries which are very good but we still always have the roast duck.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Visited for dinner after an event in the local area. In a group of 4, we had the pork curry puffs & vegetarian spring rolls. They were both great, although... my suggestion would be to have a vegetarian curry puff option as one of our party is vegetarian & couldn't eat the pork.

Main dishes were massaman beef, chicken cashew nut, basil chicken & steamed vegetarian curry. The owner came to us after the steamed curry was cooked & advised she didn't know if we'd like it because it's a very different texture. My friend liked the flavour but yes, texture was odd. It might have been nice (and good service) if the host advised this upon ordering.

All meals however had fantastic flavour. It is a bit pricey here but that's quite normal for restaurants in the suburbs.

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Last night tried this restaurant for dinner. We have seen this place being busy on the weekends so went in and was happy with the food they put up.
I really liked their drunken fried rice, it was just right on spice level for me. Happy with the quantity as well as they charge $18. Satay chicken and tom yam soup was normal as other Thai restaurants. Really happy with the customer service as well... give it a shot..

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Good food... friendly service... can get very busy on a Friday and Saturday popular local Thai Restaurant..