“2nd visit as good as the first!”

Ruby Chew's Burgers & Shakes
Order Online
Ranked #13 of 20 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Description: Voted by QT readers as the Best Burger in Ipswich, RUBY CHEWS is a modern twist on the classic American Burger Bar. Our menu is simple, and we use only fresh ingredients to make delicious burgers and hot dogs. Our shakes and loaded scoops are made using rich, creamy frozen ice-cream, which is churned fresh on site daily. Located right next to Limelight Cinemas at Riverlink, we’ve designed our whole experience around making burgers & shakes the perfect pairing with a trip to the movies.
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

We dined here again in November (I reviewed in July 2018) and the meal was again excellent and super tasty, great to see a consistent quality !

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Highly recommend Ruby chews. Was really impressed with the service an quality of the food that I received. Have been 3 times, will definitely be back for a 4th!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Highly recommend you check out Ruby Chew's in Ipswich. Food is incredible..... The milkshakes..... OMG the milkshake!!!1 I get the vanilla one and it seriously tastes like melted ice cream. Highly recommend checking this place out. I am a repeat offender now. Just cannot get enough. Servings are HUGE so prepare yourself before heading there.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

My husband and I ate here last night just before a movie, it was the first time we had dined at Ruby chews.

The meal was excellent, very fresh and very tasty.

Husband had the traditional burger, I did the chicken burger. Both excellent.

I actually made a point of going to counter where the two cooks were behind the grill, to pass my thanks to them for a lovely meal.

Would definitely go here for a meal again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We love the movies, we love a bite to eat before or after the movies. Usually we go to the Limelight Cinemas at Ipswich Riverlink, the lounge, where you get to watch your movie in comfort, order your meal and drinks (yes, booze too!) and have it delivered to your seat, nothing could be better! You've got to try the caramel icecream popcorn sundae - share it, it's big and delicious!

But back to Ruby Chews - its the restaurant just inside the Limelight Cinemas, right as you walk in. It's not really conducive to a long rambling comfy meal, but it is comfortable as far as little chairs, tables and bright light seating goes. But you're not there for the seating, it's the food that's the drawcard...

Burgers, Hot dogs, Chicken, Shakes .... the menu reads like the latest hipster truck shop - and its yummy! Burgers and Hot Dogs done in at least 10 different ways - chicken tenders, all flavours of thickshakes.... they pack them in a handy take away box with the most delicious fresh crispy golden chips - not fries folks, we are in Australia! - all I ask is they salt their chips a little more.

You think it's hard to eat a burger at the movies? Expect it to all drop out? You're wrong on both counts. The burger, ok it's not very big but it was ample for me, hubby would've needed 2, but as a meal it comes with a drink and chips, it was plenty. The burger was wrapped so well, there was no chance anything was going to fall out. The hot dog was hubby's choice, said it was tasty but not outstanding like my burger. The dog was like a bratwurst or something spicy like a chorizo, not the grilled hot dog like he was expecting. But he'd order it again.Unbelievable but true.

Great marketing, great product, good prices, great service. Quick, fast, tasty. And you can take it INTO the pictures without guilt and without the staff giving you the greasy eye...

They do movie deals but we'd already purchased our tickets beforehand.

You've gotta go.