“I'd rather drive from Durham.”

Hampton Inn Roxboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Roxboro
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at the Roxboro Hampton for two nights in April 2013. There isn't much else to choose from in Roxboro. The check in was a long slow process in which the clerk stopped waiting on me to take every phone call. The room was standard Hampton, nothing special. The breakfast room staff was very friendly, however the breakfast food was underwhelming to say the least. I can't really recommend this hotel unless you have no other option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Roxboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear redinsmore,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn and we appreciate your feedback - we love hearing from our guests in order to provide the best experience we can. I'm sorry that your check-in process took longer than expected and will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion to improve in the future. A speedy check-in is a high priority and I understand and apologize for your dissatisfaction. I am happy to hear, however, that you found our breakfast staff to be very friendly. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize for the aspects of your stay that failed to meet your expectations and I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Roxboro to show why so many of our guests return. Thank you again for the review.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Roxboro

Reviewed May 16, 2013

great hotel for business personal. the only thing is this survey requires me to type 200 charaters is un essary and wast of my time. I will not take any more of these surveys becuase of this system. How much more must i type to get to 200. I did enjoy the hotel for my business trip. I plan on going back there and will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Roxboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Victor R,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and plan to return to us the next time you're in the area. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It's not bad. It has a friendly staff and the staff makes this hotel good. The room was clean. The free breakfast and free wifi are great. However, my room did have stink bugs, but I reported the problem and the hotel staff made it right and in the end that's all you can ask for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhonda L

Dear Rhonda L,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn; I'm happy to read that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful and your room clean. I do apologize for the issue you ran into, but am happy to hear our staff was able to resolve it quickly. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Roxboro.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel has very welcoming, nice staff! Also, the breakfast is great - waffels, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, hot options, and premade breakfast 'doggie bags' to-go. The gym is big, with several treadmills, free weights, and a streching area with medicine balls/stretching mats. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Roxboro area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Roxboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Nancy M,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. We're also glad you enjoyed our state-of-the-art fitness center - thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel and staff were good but the stay was ruined when some other guests got noisy and were running up and down the halls, banging on doors and generally being jerks. We were told it was an after prom group, and the police had to be called.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Roxboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Caleb B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I certainly understand your concerns & apologize you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below to speak about your experience further if you would like. However, I am happy to hear that you thought well of our hotel and staff otherwise. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area and are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Over all a typical Hampton Inn. The only issue was that the breakfast was less than par to say the least. The food was microwaved and tasted stale or freezer burned. What I was able to eat sent me to the rest room the remainder of the day.

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for your feedback; we understand your disappointment. Our complimentary hot breakfast is made up of traditional breakfast items, but may also include local dishes. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them under consideration. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. On your next visit to the area, we hope you come visit us again so we can provide you with excellent service and the warm Hamptonality for which we're known.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were here for three nights while at a local bluegrass festival, and were very pleased with this Hampton. The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful, and we felt comfortable and welcome. Our room was an accessible room, and while "cozy", it was fresh and clean and had all the amenities we required. In particular we appreciated the breakfast they presented, different every day, and the "grab and go" bags on weekdays. We favor Hampton Inns as we travel, and this is one of the better ones. Our AAA price per day ($95) was considerably less than what's posted here (it was plus tax, of course). Even though Roxboro is not a tourist destination (to say the least!), we would look forward to a return visit.

Stayed: April 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Roxboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear GypsyBob,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel and I hope you had fun at the bluegrass festival! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay and found everything so comfortable and convenient and you could take advantage of our many amenities. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you when you're in Roxboro!

Daly Seven, Inc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxboro
Innkeeper Roxboro
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#1 of 1 in Roxboro
Oak Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hampton Inn Roxboro? Share your experiences!