“Checked in and immediately checked out!”

Hampton Inn Roxboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Roxboro
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I am not sure what I missed here. All booked this room based upon previous reviews.

1. First impression, this hotel is in iffy area. It is located right next door to a Motel. The inhabitants of this motel were outside cattle calling as people got out of their cars. It wasn't a great first impression.
2. This is an old building so it does not accurately represent what I have come to believe Hampton Inn should be.
3. I was booked into a handicapped room. The room was run down. The furniture was worn and run down. I asked to change rooms because this room did not feel clean.
4. Back onto the elevator I noticed a roach on the floor.
5. Went back to reception, obtained a new room and found the same problem, the room was dirty. The white duvet had black marks all over it. The room was disgusting.
6. Back on the elevator an the roach was now 3 roaches and hanging out happily.

I checked right out! No comment from the manager standing at the front desk!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank kuuru

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I have visited family here many times and like the area so I decided to retire here.

It was a long week of house searching before we found one but at the end of the day it was nice coming "home" to Hampton at the end of the day.

From the breakfast in the morning to the clean room at the end of the day, you won't find better staff around. Thanks to "Breakfast" Beverly, Pam, and Joe at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a great place to stay. I was skeptical of what kind of hotel I would find in this small town. Our first criteria was "clean" and non-smoking! It was that and more. This hotel stands up to the Hilton criteria and was a delight to spend 2 days in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The woman who served breakfast was wonderful. She went to every table to make sure we had everything we wanted (for our free breakfast) and asked how she could help. The rooms were clean including the bathroom. I will stay there again, without question.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed overnight while on business... It's very clean, comfortable and felt safe, especially for a female traveling solo. The staff is very pleasant. Breakfast is standard fare... Cereals, bagels, yogurt, muffins, waffles, yogurt, juices, etc. Nothing exceptional, but certainly adequate for a start to the day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the Hampton Inn. We were visiting family in the area and after staying there before we are hooked on this Hampton Inn.

All of the staff are very friendly and accomodating to your needs.

Beverley and the ladies tending the breakfast bar each morning are always helpful and stroll around talking to the guests, refilling coffee cups, etc.

The only "glitch" we experienced was that after being out all one day, we came back to a room that hadn't been serviced by the maid.

I called the front desk and they explained that they had a substitute in that day and she had missed a couple of the rooms. They apologized and gave us fresh towels, washcloths etc. to tide us over.

The pool is sssooo relaxing and cooling after a long day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Hotel was very clean. The rooms were nice and big. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Nothing to write home about, and your stay won't be memorable, but rooms are clean and rates are reasonable. So, if you need a decent place to crash for the night, it works. Overall, it was okay.

The hotel was not busy when I stayed there. From around 9:30 AM, even with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, the housekeeper kept knocking every 30-45 minutes, obviously anxious to get me out of there so she could go home. I repeatedly told her I was leaving at noon (check-out time) and she repeatedly said okay, but nevertheless kept knocking and knocking. I doubt I will stay there again... just because of that.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)