“Not somewhere I would go again...”

Old Country Club Steak House
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Roxboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

When you arrive the smell of old grease is overwhelming. Interior needed updating twenty give years ago, food was average and way overpriced. Service was poor. Lots of really obesse people seem to like it...?

2  Thank Eliteeater
There are newer reviews for Old Country Club Steak House

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four friends and I dined here on New Year's Eve. We arrived early (6p.m.) to avoid the anticipated crowd and we were seated immediately. Another friend and I ordered the 8-10 oz. ribeye. I was very disappointed as the quality of this cut of beef was not good. My friend was also very disappointed. There was so much fat in my steak I felt like I was performing surgery in order to eat my meal! I drank water with my meal. My check was a total of $20.46, which I would not consider worth the money. Two other friends ordered the N.Y. Strip, which was a much better cut of beef for a few bucks more. Our other friend ordered fried catfish and steamed vegetables as her side, which she said all was delicious. Ending this review on another positive note, the hostess, waitress, and cashier were very friendly and hospitable.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The saladbar is great along with the delicious steaks. Atmosphere is lacking. Large noisy rooms with lots of people. Mixed drinks, beer and wine.There is one room which is smaller. Ask for that one. Nice enclosed porch for large group.

1  Thank cardinalgirl9
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is reminiscent of restaurants of the 50's, grease on the oilcloth tablecloths, tired, stained carpeting. The salad bar ingredients are pale, watery, the food looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. We didn't stay after being seated at a slimy table and a look at the menu and salad bar and the plates of food at other tables. Skip this one!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

When you first walk in, you know you're in a steakhouse. Off to the right is the massive charcoal grill where everything is being cooked. The sizzle, the smell, the friendliness of the staff. It is simply wonderful. The filet mignon is among the best I've had anywhere, and the salad bar is awesome. Don't pay any attention to the reviewer who said it's "overrated and overpriced" -- it's not ... not by a long shot.

You will not be disappointed in Chubb Lake ... it's terrific.

2  Thank jla3bc

Been to Old Country Club Steak House? Share your experiences!