All reviews the east coast great keppel island comfy single beds bed room nice pool private bathroom motel style courtesy bus heated pool place to stay fantastic stay stayed here for nights backpackers rockhampton tv hostels paulie
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here recently as part of a stray group. More like a hotel than a hostel. Rooms have a hotel feel instead of a hostel, really nice. No bunk beds which is a bonus! pool area stunning. Resort is very nice. Staff are super friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the owner is very rude! Isn’t approachable to guests at all. Myself and a few guests on my trip over heard the way he spoke to his staff which we agreed was a disgrace. This attitude was horrible... such a shame because it totally wasted what could of been a great experience. I wouldn’t be back

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was here for just one night but the staff and owner welcomed me like family! We missed the ferry, and the owner kindly went out of his way to give us a lift to the island. Further to this, I left my trainers at the hostel and the staff kindly posted them to the next stop. Can’t recommend these guys enough!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights in a 4 bed room with private bathroom. The pillows were so thin as to be almost non-existent but this is my only complaint. The facilities were very clean and the neighbours' noise finished at a reasonable hour. Only a few minute drive from Emu Park's shops and beaches. Would recommend as a cheap and generally comfortable base.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

I was staying for one day with stray at the Hostel. The rooms were nice and I was happy to finally sleep in a real bed. Unfortunately approached me the owner “Paul”. He asked me and my group after a quiz “how the evening is going?”. A girl from my group replied, that we’ve won, I added an “of course, because we are a great group”. That seemed to upset him. He told me, that there were already complaints from the staff about me, that I was such a “smart” person. I told him, that I felt discomfort with this conversation and I would like it to end.

He kept going and asked me, where I am from. As I answered, that I come from Germany, he told me, that I appear to him like a typical smart-ass German. He asked me for my reason to visit his country.
I told him again, that it would not be his business to tell me off without any reason.

He was very rude to me. And trying to picking an argument with me. He appeared drunk and made me feel uncomfortable in this situation.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Emu Park is a gem hidden among the big players moving up or down the coast! Due to its location, so many people seem to miss it out and skip straight past but I can guarantee you that you are missing out on a little hidden gem!

The resort itself is fantastic. Various sized rooms all huddled around a central pool area gives this place a real holiday/chill out feel. The rooms are HUGE (!!) with a massive dining area, kitchen and chill out areas all around. The staff are great and will go above and beyond to make sure you see as much of the area as you can, especially Great Keppell Island!

Definitely worth a stay and highly recommended!

Date of stay: January 2019