“Somewhere Pleasant To Stay For The Night”

Dingos Backpacker Adventure Resort
London, United Kingdom
“Somewhere Pleasant To Stay For The Night”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dingos was our base for before and after the Fraser Island trip and provided us with a comfortable stay.

We were lucky to have a couple of great room-mates which always makes a hostel seem better than perhaps it is.

The pro's of Dingos is that it has a bar which is open pretty late, complete with pool table and outside dining area.

The cons I'd have to say are the kitchen (vastly understocked of essential things like knives and forks) and the poor reception staff - very slow and not particularly helpful.

Our room was equipped with an ensuite bathroom and a little kitchen area which was a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Me and a friend booked this as part of a package deal offered by Peterpans travel agents for our Fraser Island tour. The hostel itself is nothing special, I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, it didn't have lockers but u could leave electronics with reception for when u head to Fraser Island. The shower in the dorm was not specially clean but it feels amazing post camping! There's a pool which I didn't use and a seating area for people to use wifi which is free! The kitchen was disgusting and I did not cook here, one night I made soup as that could be microwaved and on last night I brought a meal voucher which they do every night, it's decent food and cheap so I recommend just buying the vouchers. Drink is cheap at the bar and on our last night post Fraser trip they do hostel games which were good fun. Rainbow beach had little to do so I recommend coming here as part of the Fraser Island tour and this hostel is perfect for that.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We were given 3 night to stay at dingos as part of our Fraser Island package sold to us by peterpans. Dingo's is pretty much a peterpans hostels and has a sale shop on the front of it.

The hostel itself was very average and had a real sense that it was purely used for a night to stay before and after your Fraser Island trip. The night before Fraser Island was very average but comfortable. We were in an 8 bed dorm with a very decent en-suite shower. The room itself was very clean and relatively quiet. The kitchen however was the biggest joke of a kitchen I have seen throughout my travels with only three cooking stations in a kitchen only one and a half meters wide. They do however compensate for this by doing a $6 meal every night which we found was very good. If you stay here I wouldn't cook I would just buy this dinner.

When you return from Fraser Island the hostel does seem like luxury and the shower feels amazing.

Rainbow beach itself is extremely small and boring I would strongly suggest not to stay here for anything other than somewhere to stay before and after fraser

• Stayed November 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

So me and a friend were supposed to travel with Dingo's Backpackers to Fraser, but due to an unfortunate mix up with our travel agent we were sent to Cool Dingos (which turned out to be an amazing trip). We spoke to everyone who went on the Fraser tour with Dingo's when we got back and they said they LOVED it! The hostel itself isn't as bad as some of these reviews make it out to be, it's actually pretty nice. There's nothing in Rainbow Beach other than a small town and 3 hostels next to each other. Pippies, Dingo's and Fraser Backpackers. Pippies is nice, but quite. Didn't see much of Fraser Backpackers, but they do have table tennis and a dart board. I can tell you that Dingo's was REALLY fun! The staff went out of there way in many occations to help us out, I believe because they are genuienly cool people (especially Suzie-the manager). I read these reviews before I went and was pleasently suprised how good the Dingo's Backpacker experience was, so enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the ideal starting point from which to embark on your Fraser Island trip. The hostel is well laid out and the rooms all have their own bathroom and kitchenette. There is a great atmosphere amongst the staff and guests and they were incredibly helpful to us. The kitchen was a bit of a let down and very small though. There is a bar which serves cheap drinks and there are cheap meals available each evening too...and free pancakes for breakfast! All in all a great stay and probably the best few days of our East Coast trip. Thanks Dingos!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dingos is a hostel catered for travellers. Free pancakes for breakfast, discounted dinner, crockery provided with no deposit needed, can use your passport as key deposit with a very cheap on site bar too.

The rooms were reasonable but I would say in Winter you need a blanket and they are not provided unless you go and ask for one, make sure you do or you'll freeze otherwise! It was a friendly hostel with all staff very helpful and excited about the Fraser trips for you!

Honestly, this is one of the best hostels on the East Coast in terms of knowing what backpackers want and need- you get it all here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hostel is great if you are into partying. If you are looking for something chilled out and quiet I wouldnt stay there. Could do with a bit of cleaning but after you have had a few jugs of beer you dont really notice. I had great fun there and met some really nice people. The Frazer trip was well organized and one of the best things I have done so far. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo