“Very happy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Beach Hotel

Rainbow Beach Hotel
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rainbow Beach Hotel is a beautiful two story refurbished Queenslander styled hotel. Boasting large outdoor verandahs with open dining areas around The Plantation Bar. A broad range of food is available from the bistro style menu with your classic pub meals to finer foods. Open from 10 am The Rainbow Beach Hotel is the place to visit in Rainbow Beach. Kids are welcome, Live music every Friday night, large function areas and bars on the second floor perfect for weddings or corporate groups. Rainbow Beach Hotel truly is a must in Rainbow Beach
Bongaree, Australia
“Very happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This pub has certainly changed over the years, it's now beautifully renovated and open plan with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. It was a balmy night so we sat out on the ground-level verandah to enjoy our caesar salads - very nice and the egg in each dish was cooked perfectly! The only slight hiccup was the potential for the night's live music to be very loud - they were doing their sound check as we ate and if they left it at the level they were practising on it was going to drown out any hope of conversation. The young lad at the table nearby echoed our concerns as only the very young can do, hopefully someone on staff heard him and acted on it by having a quiet word with the band! :) Overall, very relaxed, clean and friendly atmosphere, and spot-on caesar salads.

• Visited February 2014

Nth of Brizzy
“Three times in one week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The title probably says more about Rainbow Beach than the RBH however we were satisfied on all three occasions so no complaints here.

Having stayed at Rainbow beach before we were looking forward to being spoilt for food choices over our Christmas break however we were sadly disappointed. Many of the restaurants we'd visited previously had simply closed so choices were limited. Fortunately the Rainbow Beach Hotel has a decent menu and nice atmosphere so we managed.

We obviously got through a reasonable selection from the menu over three meals with three people and had no complaints with any of our choices. Desserts were to die for.

I'd suggest this is above average pub fare with a good vibe and we received GREAT service.

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Sunday breakfast ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the RBH many times before when in town, usually for lunch or dinner which is always of a very good standard.
Today I visited for breakfast and again the food and service were great.
The big breakfast was not exceptional but is well priced and suitably filling.
The pancakes were somewhat dry though but a little extra maple syrup could fix that.
Coffee was great, service was quick and staff were very friendly and helpful.

Brisbane, Australia
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was our first visit to Rainbow Beach. As with any visit to a new town we made use of Tripadvisor to try and get an idea of where to find a nice place for dinner. According to the site Rainbow Beach Hotel had been ranked number 2. With high expectations we arrived to find a pub environment. There is know one to welcome you, you have to find your own table, look for a menu and then you have to queue to order your food. The restaurant was very busy so my husband had to queue for at least half an hour to order our food. Thankfully there is a playroom for the children and a monitor in the restaurant so you can keep an eye on them. After the half hour wait to order another queue to order drinks from the bar was to follow. So much for a relaxing start to the second best restaurant in town. I ordered the reef and beef which is a steak and prawn dish, my husband ordered chicken parmigiana. We ordered spaghetti bolognaise for the children. After settling down to our drinks we had to wait 45 minutes for food which you have to and go and collect. The children's meals were good. My dish was nothing amazing. Bland steak and prawns which was saved slightly by a creamy garlic sauce. My husband's chicken was a bit dry. Included as part of the children's meal is a complimentary ice cream. For this we had another lengthy wait.

The restaurant became busier as the evening progressed with people scrambling for tables, chairs and having to clear previous patrons tables.

An overall chaotic experience with no visible signs of anyone managing the restaurant.

We have been fortunate enough to have eaten in a lot of restaurants in a number of countries and are of the view that this restaurant is overrated when considering the cost, quality and overall ambiance of the restaurant. It is time to lift the standards - don't accept mediocre!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane
“Sunday Lunch at the RBH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were visiting Rainbow Beach while on holiday staying with my father in Tin Can Bay. We took dad out for lunch to the RBH to celebrate his birthday. Unfortunately it seems we arrived a little early and there was no flexibility on the lunch start time of 12 pm. We settled for a cold drink and sat back to enjoy the next couple of hours. The food was great and the service generally very friendly and helpful. The only down side was the chef. When ordering our lunch I noticed that the steaks in the window were not the best. I asked if we could have certain ones and while the waitress was happy to help, she said she would get the chef so I could tell him. We spent $300 on lunch so I thought they wouldn't mind our request. The chef was a real smart @r$e. Looked at me like I was stupid and as I walked away, my wife who was still at the counter heard him mutter to the waitress "he'll get what I give him"! Sure enough we didn't get what we asked for but my father and the other guests we had seemed to enjoy the steaks any way.

• Visited January 2014