“Breakfast with water views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lighthouse Restaurant Bar & Cafe

Lighthouse Restaurant Bar & Cafe
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Cafe, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Australia
“Breakfast with water views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

A great cafe right on the waterfront for breakfast, I loved looking out on the water, and if you pick the right table, it feels like you are eating on a cruise ship. The breakfast was great and the servings were plentiful. We went Saturday morning so it wasn't as busy as Sunday, service was great and the staff looked like they really enjoyed working there, very relaxed and happy. This would be one of my favourite breakfast locations. A restaurant is also on site and a takeaway counter.

• Visited March 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Very tired prawns!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd review of the lighthouse after being stoked after our first visit. For entree we had the prawn plate which was $29.00. I was totally disappointed as the prawns were not fresh and did not peel easy. A clear sign that they are not same day product. For $29 for 10 prawns there should be much better quality check by the Chef. I had this last time and the quality was the main reason we returned.

The main and dessert was very good and one of the reasons I will return. Service was very attentive. Don't let you quality slide guys. You have a great rep to protect.

2 Thank Mike N
Redland City, Australia
“Was almost great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Took my motherinlaw for her 85th birthday. Her and I both had chicken which was amazing on presentation and flavour. The bits of fried leek were so good! My husband had fish and was wonderful. We had the prawns for appetiser which were not their best. For dessert mine was the only sad one. ancillary Brûlée that was like runny liquid with lumps in it. Afterwards I went to pour water from the carafe after we had already finished half of it to find green mouldy bits floating all over in it. I quietly called over the waitress who took one look and said ' that's disgusting'. I watched her take it over to whom I assume was the manager. She left us our glasses filled with the gross water and brought a new carafe. LOL. We left. Went to pay for it and the man said not a word. So I mentioned to him to make sure that they clean out their carafes.
Pretty disappointed in how management didn't think anything of it.

• Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“The place to go for a Lazy Sunday afternoon by the bay - fresh seafood, cold beer and good company.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Not only is the food always tasty and fresh, but this place caters for whatever your mood. Ambient dining at night so perfect for that special date or wedding reception. But if you just feel like top notch fish and chips you can take away or eat in the informal bar with a cold drink. It's just a great bayside atmosphere.

Santiago
“Great view, very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were a party of nine to celebrate a birthday. Our table was beside the sea on the terrace and the view and seaside ambiance quite spectacular. All who ordered seafood were pleased with their choice, except for the land and sea where the steak was overcooked and a letdown. The soft shell crab starter was very good as was the baby octopus. The pepper and salt fried calamari was bland, although tender and could have done with a dipping sauce. The garlic prawns were very good as was the mixed shellfish platter for one. The platter consisted of Half a lobster tail, a Moreton Bay bug, some crab claws, two different types of prawns, a couple of oysters and mussels. I would highly recommend this dish as it showcased Australian shellfish, which was what I wanted. The service on the other hand, although pleasant was exceptionally slow to the point of us thinking we had been totally forgotten and had to go and find our waiter to ask. Apart from this it is a very pleasant spot and the food good, so would return.

• Visited December 2012