“Greasy, creamy French themed cooking!!!”
Review of Oliv - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thought we were eating Mediterranean as restaurant suggests. Previously was lovely. This time a one hour wait for dinner and every dish drowned in cream and butter. Even salad was drowned in overpowering commercial dressing. All eight of us felt sick and totally disappointed. What a shame!!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Seen the restaurant had been open for a while and finally decided to give it a go. Very impressed! First impression was the wine list where you instantly realise, "They're not trying to rip me off!". Started with the trio of dips with Turkish bread - all very tasty and well presented. Then went for the pork belly on red cabbage entrée which was very moist, tender and tasty. For the main I had the eye fillet with mushroom ravioli and it was tender and perfectly cooked. Finally finished off with the Greek assortment for desert which was delightful. Had a great meal and will definitely return.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently dined with NZ guests at Oliv. The ambience of the restaurant was great. We all had lovely meals, and the service was excellent. The waitress was friendly and very efficient. Unbeknown to us, they have a promotion on at the moment, of a free bottle of wine when 4 people dine there. An added bonus!
We would highly recommend others to dine there - all in all it was a fabulous evening.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Came out for our second dinner at Oliv and can only say that the food was great. The first time we were here it was good but this time it was fantastic. The veal scalapinni was better than one I had in Lucca in Tuscany. If that doesn't some it up I dont know what would.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

having eaten here a few times I hjave to admit it left me a ho hum alright but nothing to rave about. But a new chef and a new menu and wow. great food full of flavours to die for. This is now one of my very favorite places to eat.

1  Thank Livinlife61