“LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! It......”
Review of Sunshine On The Bay - CLOSED

Sunshine On The Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! It......”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Dined at Sunshine on the Bay tonight with friends who are regulars & highly recommended the restaurant. Am extremely happy to say we all had a great dining experience - that is absolutely delicious meals, friendly & efficient staff and great value for money. We were pre-warned on the size of the servings and found this to be true - they are more than generous with portions of well cooked and presented meals. Loved! Loved! Loved! our dinner tonight and will gladly be returning and telling anyone looking for somewhere new to try to go here. Can't wait to return to try more items from the many options given on their fantastic menu.

• Visited June 2013

“Will be back!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently took a group of 18 people to Sunshine On The Bay for their $15 lunch. We were given our own private function area and received great service! Each person was asked their name and was able to pay individually, which was much appreciated. My meal was delicious and I would be happy to have it again next time...On the whole we had a very enjoyable lunch and will book again in the future : )

• Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Seafood Platter for 2!!! Should be for 3 or 4”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The platter is massive & very tasty, bring your appetite but i would suggest finishing the hot food first before trying to attack the cold. We didn't finish but they packed up all the cold for us & had the next day.
Service is very friendly & knowledgeable

• Visited February 2013
Thornlands
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I dine in a restaurant that specializes in seafood, I expect to be served seafood of premium quality and dishes that differ from just ordinary fare. The food that my wife and I were served was no better than you would expect in a pub counter or down the road at Redlands RSL. My Oyster Kilpatrick was over-powered by the Worcestershire sauce, and the oysters were so small that I could hardly see them. At $16 for 6 I found that just ridiculous.

My wife's entree of Crab Mornay was a huge load of cheese and very little crab meat with crab shell as a bonus. When we complained about the shell fragments, the waitress said that it was unfortunate because thats how they receive it from the supplier. (Really?)

My main was a Chicken breast filled with prawns and sea scallop on a bed of guacamole. Yes there was one prawn and one sea scallop. The chicken was tough and dry and the guacamole over-powered the whole dish so much that I could not taste anything else. At $35 this was embarrassing. This same dish at an RSL would be 20-25 dollars.

The atmosphere or the lack thereof was very disappointing. Lino floors made the place echo and reminded me of a lunch hour at the pub. My wife and I had to literally shout to each other to be heard. Very disappointing and unfortunate $110 experience.

• Visited September 2012
10 Thank Goran F
Sonya C, Owner at Sunshine On The Bay, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to review our restaurant and copy and paste said review on Trip Advisor.

However, we attended to this same complaint when you first posted it on various websites in September of 2012. We'll take the opportunity now to reiterate a few points:

Your point about our value for money when comparing us to the RSL is noted but when RSL's are subsidized by gaming machines the price on the meals is dramatically reduced.
We also suggested that you dine on another night due to the large function we had in that night. You then changed your complaint about the noise and directed the complaint to the table next to you. It is our policy that we would provide equal and fair service to all our customers, as everyone has the right to enjoy themselves.

Thank you for posting this on Trip Advisor as you have given us the opportunity to publicly respond.
Brisbane, Australia
“Fresh Seafood, Varied Menu and Inexpensive”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had read a negative review about this restaurant on another site.

Having dined there I can only think the reviewer on that site was himself having a bad night.

We found the seafood first class and fresh, the menu had a great variety, the serving sizes were more than generous and delicious – and the cost (including the wine) was very reasonable. We had no complaints about the service – friendly and efficient.

The décor was fairly simple but to me this only showed the proprietors are more interested in the quality of their food than in titivated surroundings.

We had been to “other” seafood restaurants in the area and each time wondered why we were there. Not so Sunshine on the Bay, we’ll be back.

• Visited March 2013