“Very outdated, limited internet”

Pacific Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place was a disappointment. The only really good marks I can give are for the staff. The rooms were dated, the only internet was in the lobby (which is often not accessible). Food is a 500 meter walk (if you know the exact direction to go). No "Pacific", no "Resort"... just metal furniture more suited for an office environment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John W

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was concerned after reading the reviews, however the accommodation was comfortable. Fantastic location with many restaraunts, cafes, shops and harbor walk within easy few minutes walk . It is not 5 star motel but they also don't claim to be. The bathrooms could do with some new tiling and room furnishing are a little outdated but all serviceable and functional. Staff, especially Jess, were both friendly and helpful. No complaints other than the security issue of rear entrance door being propped open at night allowing easy access for anyone. Would stay again if I was in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pacific resort is disappointing. Renovated bathroom in very dark tones. Difficulty getting stepping in and out of bath to shower. Pillows were lumpy and odd furniture in room. The carpet was marked and stained. Reception staff were not friendly. No greeting at any time of the day. Payment is upfront. The lobby looked disorganised and unwelcoming. They have wifi in the lobby but it cost $10 per hour. Most hotels have free wifi in the lobby these days. Breakfast is not available on site. Few other options in Cleveland.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I think the title says it all - the bed was filled with bed bugs. I had bites on my head and ankles and woke up in the middle of the night to find them crawling all over the bed and pillows. Scary! Unless you're an entomologist (insect specialist) or have an afinity towards bugs, then I would stay well clear of this Motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked two rooms under company for seminar stay. 1x balcony room with husband and baby and 1x regular hotel room for staff member.

On early arrival, asked receptionist to call when rooms were ready. She instructed that the rooms weren't ready "now" and I repeated the request to give me a call when ready. Not there to argue, just to check in when the rooms were ready. Check in was complicated, requesting all full names of all people staying in rooms?? Asked me to return to reception when i selected my preferred room to let her know which I would be staying in?? Never been asked these questions before, didn't quite understand, and no clear explanation offered.

Checked in to first floor room. Basic room although large overlooking car park and quiet. Woke up to find our wallets gone (1 x wallet and 1 x handbag and contents incl second wallet). Looked for them for four hours, stripped the room, could only guess that they had been taken whilst we were asleep! We had left the balcony door open.

Advised receptionist that we had missing bag and wallets. She said nothing had ever happened like this and that the hotel wasn't responsible. I clearly advised that I wasn't assuming hotel was responsible, and that I was telling her what had happened for informational purposes. Not there to argue, just to inform and request if anyone handed in the items that they were ours and to contact us. She was approachable after this was made clear.

Receptionist was much more pleasant than the previous days receptionist, although she said she found it hard to believe me. All I could say is that we went to sleep with our belongings in the room and woke up with them gone. We reported the missing items to local police and were advised that there wasn't much police could actively do.

We had to cancel all credit cards that morning, had no cash, and on check out we couldn't pay for 1 x mini bar item. Receptionist said that she would handle it, so I guess the upside is that we received a bottle of sprite free?

Won't be staying there again, the whole incident left an unpleasant taste.

If you do stay there, lock your balcony door!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for a week in preparation for our wedding. First impression - sad and dated, but the choices are few and far between in Cleveland and our stay at the motel was based on convenience of location, not aesthetics. (Our wedding night was booked elsewhere).
On first entering our motel room, we were greeted with a strong smell of cigarette smoke, even though this was a non-smoking room. Again, we were here for convenience so I didn't make a huge fuss over it, however I did mention it to the front desk staff who did not acknowledge our observation.
I found the carpet to be old and outdated; the furniture was simple and the bathroom was too small to be comfortable or to even lay out toiletries. The mattresses were very old - to the point of having "butt dents" from so many years of use. There was a "curious" stain on the bedspread, though we both knew exactly what is was, as much as we didn't want to accept it! The internet was painfully slow at best... often non-existent.
We were very busy during our week stay, so would often be gone for the majority of the day, just popping in from time to time to grab something from the room. Each time I went to the room, I passed the front desk which was occupied by one or two staff. Every single time I walked past, I would sing out a cheery "Hello!" but not once were any of the desk staff hospitable enough to return my greeting, even when our eyes met. I will however say the housekeeping staff had enough decency to be polite and offer a genuine smile and exchange of pleasantries.
The motel served it's function - a place to sleep - but it's hard to find anything more positive than that. I left without making a fuss as I had my wedding to focus on.
To add insult to injury, a week after we checked out, we noticed the motel had charged us an extra $50 for internet use which we had never been notified there would be a charge for. Considering we could rarely connect to the internet, this was very disappointing to us. I phoned to discuss the charge and we were curtly told there was notice on the front desk regarding the internet charge. Neither of us saw any sign nor notice regarding ANYTHING about the internet and we must have past that front desk at least 30 times during our stay. We were told the manager would contact us, however *surprisingly*, they never did.
We had notified the staff that we would be staying for 6 nights but would need a room for the seventh night for one of the wedding party who would be by himself. They actually charged us an extra $10 for "making his bed" (They kept him in the same room which had two beds; not from our request but it's all they had left), even though it was essentially a separate booking!
I had accidentally left some items in the room and called the motel upon return from my honeymoon so I could stop by and retrieve the items. I was told that the items - including an $80 beauty product - had been thrown in the trash! The staff member was by no means apologetic. One would like to think that any establishment having access to our personal items would keep any "lost and found" for AT LEAST 30 days, if not 3 Months, as a matter of courtesy.
We were very disappointed by our stay which should have been a simple, no-fuss affair. We understand this is a motel, not a hotel, but our honeymoon to the outback consisted of staying in converted shipping containers without a bathroom and I assure you we received better service and more comfortable accommodations than Pacific Resort Cleveland. Thumbs down; anyone can deal with an old motel but having terrible service along with arrogant staff and management with a couldn't-care-less attitude made our stay disappointing, to say the least.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.