“conveniently located near rsl club”
Review of Bay Air Motel

Bay Air Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

this motel is in a very convenient location for those wishing to visit the very good RSL club at Cleveland. The Motel includes membership rights to this club. Meals there are very good quality and decoratively presented. The motel room itself is clean and the management are friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable and the shower hot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ninaoriana
There are newer reviews for Bay Air Motel

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bay Air Motel for the second time recently and as with last time we found our room very clean, quiet and comfortable. The Manager greeted us warmly when we booked in and proudly showed us the delivery of new split system air conditioning units that were to be installed the next day. This motel is great value for money and is close to the train station, shops, restaurants etc and the ferry to Stradbroke Island. Cleveland RSL Club is just across the road where we had a really nice evening meal at a discounted rate because we showed them our Bay Air Motel key tag. We highly recommend the Bay Air Motel at Cleveland and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ground floor so you don't have to drag luggage upstairs, especially if you are a senior!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit here recently and found it reasonable in standard and a great location. The property is old so you get what you pay for, the benefit is the location. The staff were friendly and the property clean so overall it's OK.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Coghlan
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Our family stayed here. We have three children. I didn't want to pay a fortune for a holiday and was met with GREAT value for money. The rooms were very clean and tidy, with all the amenities you would expect. The service was fantastic. They gave us adjoining rooms even though we never asked. It was raining on the day we left, they held unmbrellas for us while we packed our car. I even witnessed them dropping people into town and picking them up from train station. Rare old fashioned service.
Good breakfasts to. I highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Ring and advise managers as they go out of their way to accomadate.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alistair1989
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Booked into bay air motel as it was close to wedding venue we had to attend.. what a delightful find.. we were meet at the cleveland train station, by our host eddie who also took us to the wedding the following day.. rooms are very clean and tidy and the tarriff was reasonable. we can highly reccommend this motel as the service and the hospitality was more then we could ask for, apon leaving we were also offered a return trip back to the train staton and help with our luggage.... thanks for a lovely weekend...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alistair1989
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I live in Wa and visit family in Cleaveland on a regular basis. I always stay at the Bay Air Motel and find the motel to be very comfy, clean and quiet.
I was staying on the night of the people staying from Cairns, on the same floor. I was awoken by these people who were extremely noisy and appeared to be intoxicated. They were knocking on doors and another women was in the room yelling out also a male in the walkway yelling out 'Where's the room'? I put up with it for a while then phoned the after hours number to complain.
The manager apperared and tried to reason with these people but they turned and started verbally abusing him.
I feel for the managers as they do a great job at this motel and certainily dont need guests like these staying.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hecate2540
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I have to agree word for word with the previous review, we had nearly an exact experience except our party were home by 11pm. Spread over two rooms, one of our party knocked on our door to let us know they had arrived home - as my partner and I had come back to our room an hour beforehand. When we didn't answer on the first knock, the person knocked again. Within seconds I could hear the owner outside our room abusing this lady for waking everyone up!! I then opened my door to be affronted by the manager in nothing on but a small pair of shorts - this man is not small, so this was an incredibly offensive sight not to mention incredibly inappropriate of him to present himself like that to guests. He - making more noise than anyone - yelled at us to go to bed, then told me to stop laughing (which I was not) and that it wasn't funny. His abuse was totally ridiculous and he and his dour faced wife should not be in an industry they don't have the personalities for. I agree with the above review regarding the rooms being absolutely basic - threadbear towels, wall made out of rice paper or equivalent, our toilet blocked - which was not pleasant at all. On top of all that, these people conducted unauthorised transactions on my credit card where they were instructed that all parties would pay for their own rooms. The charges against my card were made prior to our receiving the service. We too decided to leave as he single handedly had ruined what had previously been a fun time, we simply could not have stayed there another night - which we had booked for. We had to leave due to the behaviour of the owners - to round up, these people are simply strange and nasty.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Disappointedwithacco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel Spa Resort
#1 of 1 in Alexandra Hills
Bella Vista of Raby Bay
Bella Vista of Raby Bay
#1 of 3 in Cleveland

Been to Bay Air Motel? Share your experiences!