“Pleasant stay, friendly people and nice pool”

Cleveland Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed for a few nights when visiting Brisbane for our granddaughters wedding. It was a couple of years ago now - that dreadful summer of the tragic floods (think it was january 2011). We enjoyed our time there in the quiet, pleasant surroundings with friendly atmosphere. Close enough to be able to walk to the township. Although it was dull and damp for most of our stay we enjoyed swimming in the pool. The rooms, amenities and furnishing were clean, tidy and pleasing. We look forward to one day staying there again.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Beverley M
There are newer reviews for Cleveland Motor Inn

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed a night's accommodation here with my parents and my two teenage children. The rooms were spacious, spotlessly clean, the extra little touches that show that someone takes pride in their motel and helpful advice too. Loved the grounds, pool and how you felt you were in a quiet oasis but not far from the main drag.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 1 -10 furtherest from the road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were only in the room for under 10 hours as we had a function at night and had to make it to the tilt train the next morning. Paid $112 got a queen and a single. Room was very clean and tidy, and definitely enough for that time. The only downside was the check in experience but the lady explained that she was just filling in for the weekend, so that should be overlooked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brieana H
Reviewed June 17, 2012

What a strange and unusal experiences in a motel. I have never in my business years of travelling around from motel to motel, and also the lovely older couple staying in the room next door to me who was also complaining about it, how your not secure to the same room you have been assign too when booking in for the weekend, the lady owner gets you to move from one room to another the following day., So the next morning i sit outside iin the cold while waiting for my room to be clean to move into. I was in a lovely room at the back of the motel and now i have been moved up the front of the motel in a tiny old room, with vehicle's driving back and forwards. I can tell you i am not happy! When questioning the new owner the responses i got was "I'm sorry we need that room for the new guest that are arriving. I will get the housemaids to move your belongings in the other room". I don't want my personals moved from one room to the next, never have i come across such disarray in all my life. When booking in make sure you ask if your going to be moved. Won’t be coming back, that’s for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank J F
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This being our first trip to Australia we were pleasantly surprised with this charming motel,great location restaurants and shops nearby,we had a lovely room with all the amenities (microwave,fridge,coffee maker etc.hair dryer iron flat screen t.v.) beds the most comfortable we have slept in.great pool area to relax or to have a swim.Liz and Iain gave us lots of suggestions of where to go and what to see in Brisbane and surrounding area.a nice way to start our vacation.thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: room 14 near pool good location
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
icmcleod, Owner at Cleveland Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

This is why we love this business. Thank you for your review and all the previous reviews.

"We love yous all".

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Had a wonderful stay in Queensland and as it is pouring with rain in NSW I thought I'd mention a real gem of a place on the way down.

Booked into the Cleveland motor Inn for a night on the way to Stradbroke Island to stay with relatives. Because of bad weather the ferry was cancelled but this turned out to be good because I found out that the owners Liz and ? were Scottish also from Edinburgh. Liz recommended that I have a day or so in Brisbane and that turned out to be one of the highlights of my Australian holiday. I ended up staying for 4 days and again for another day when I came back from Stradbroke Island.

The room (room 14) was really nice with a microwave and good sized television and the bed is probably the most comfortable I have slept on in any hotel. The pool area is lovely and I lounged there when I came back although didn't swim.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Cleveland Motor Inn not only for the comfort but for the friendliness of the owners.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I highly recommend The Cleveland Motor Inn to all future guests. It has great proximity to the bay, restaurants and shops. Liz and Iain always make you feel welcome and the rooms are well maintained. The kids love the pool and it is a nice setting to relax amongst the palm trees.

Room Tip: All rooms are well kepy and self contained.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brendon M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
The Glen Hotel and Suites
#2 of 3 in Cleveland
The Alexandra Hills Hotel
The Alexandra Hills Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alexandra Hills

Been to Cleveland Motor Inn? Share your experiences!